Dr Oz: Acid Reflux Symptoms
Do you suffer from acid reflux? If so, you are not alone since about 1 million people suffer from the uncomfortable condition. Dr. Oz says you might even be taking medication for acid reflux, but new research shows they could be secretly causing you more harm than good while putting your long-term health at risk.
Dr Oz: Acid Reflux Natural Remedies
Dr. Oz says the signs of acid reflux include a burning pain from the stomach to your throat, sour taste in your mouth, hoarseness, and chronic cough. These symptoms strike many people on a daily basis, but he has the natural non-medication solutions to help ease your discomfort once and for all.
Melatonin is a common sleep aid, but in this case it helps to ease your acid reflux when taken properly. Take 3 MG 2 hours before bed for a minimum of 2 weeks and up to 4 weeks.
A Licorice Supplement (DGL) helps to coat the esophagus and the stomach to prevent some of the burning that happens because of acid reflux. Chew 1-2 tablets before a meal.
For the occasional acid reflux flare-up Baking Soda is the easiest solution of them all. Dr. Oz says it is an alkaline solution, which will help to neutralize the acid. Add 1 tablespoon of baking soda to a ½ cup of water for immediate relief.
Dr Oz: Tips to Look Younger at Any Age
If you want to take years off your skin, Dr. Oz has the solutions to help you look younger in no time! A brave 51-year old woman from the audience admitted she would like to look and feel younger, but she does not know how to do it.
- Celebrity Makeup Artist Raychel Wade says when women get older they need to go lighter and brighter in order to look more youthful, so she recommends a cotton candy colored blush along with a similar colored lip gloss to achieve a more vibrant look.
- Celebrity Hairstylist Rodney Cutler suggests adding bangs to create a beautiful frame around the face and a more youthful appearance. He says bangs are a great way to create a whole new look without losing the overall length of your hair.
- Style Expert Daisy Lewellyn says regardless of a woman’s age she should never be afraid of wearing bold colors as a form of self-expression. Daisy also recommends heels instead of flats and a fun piece of jewelry to look fabulous at any age.
Dr Oz: How to Keep Produce Fresh Longer
Dr. Oz says this month is all about you and that is why he is calling it JanYOUary! This week he is focused on your diet and helping you lose weight with low-glycemic vegetables. Here are some tips to keep them fresh all week long!
- Vegetables need air, so poke holes in the bag you store them in.
- Store asparagus upright in a glass of water in the fridge.
- Remove the leaves from radishes before storing.
- Store tomatoes at room temperature and upside down to extend their shelf life.