Dr Oz: Turmeric Calms Skin Redness
Now that you have some wonderful $5 Home Remedies for your biggest health complaints, like bad breath and sore throat, Dr. Oz has a few more remedies to help with your biggest beauty concerns. Find out the best way treat your chapped lips!
Dr Oz: $5 Gram Flour Facial Mask
For his next round of $5 fixes, Dr. Oz reached out to Canyon Ranch and asked them to offer some skincare remedies. Canyon Ranch is known for their anti-aging treatments that help women look and feel younger and now they are sharing some great, and inexpensive, home treatments with us. Laura Hittleman, the beauty services manager at Canyon Ranch, said that women spend a great deal of money on spa treatments, especially those that can help with aging. She said that women want help with their age spots and wrinkles, so she has some $5 fixes for you most common beauty complaints.
- 2 tablespoons Gram Flour (Made from Ground Chickpeas)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ tablespoon Turmeric (offers anti-inflammatory benefits and calms redness)
- Mix to a pudding consistency
- Apply to face
- Leave on for 20-30 minutes
- Loosen with warm water and buff off the skin.
Dr Oz: $5 Lemon Sugar Lip Exfoliate
Similar to treating dry skin, Laura Hittleman explained that you need a brush to treat dry chapped lips. She said you can accomplish this by taking a toothbrush and rubbing it thoroughly over your lips, but make sure you do it gently being careful not to irritate your lips. After you brush your lips, rub on the following mixture:
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice – brightens and brings glow to your lips
- 1 teaspoon sugar – exfoliates
- 1 teaspoon raw honey – heals
Dr Oz: $5 Almond Oil Hair Wrap
Laura Hittleman said that almond oil is a wonderful treatment for dull hair because it has been used for many years in ancient Egypt and will improve hair strength and leave it smooth and shiny.
- Warm almond oil & massage into hair
- Wrap hair in warm towel
- Set hair for 30-60 minutes
- Wash & condition hair