Dr Oz: Garcinia Cambogia Extract (GCE)
Dr. Oz and Dr. Julie Chen continued their conversation about the newest revolutionary fat buster with guest Missy, who lost 10 pounds in less than four months while using Garcinia Cambogia. Find out the proper Garcinia Cambogia dosage and how to choose among the brands. Missy says she noticed results as early as a week to 10 days after beginning her use of the supplement. She also notes that she immediately noticed that she was less hungry, especially when it came to sugar and carbohydrates.
What pleased her just as much was that she noticed in an increase in her energy as well, which Dr. Chen says is due the increase in serotonin that she talked about earlier. Missy says that she noticed no negative side effects and initially took the Garcinia Cambogia as a way to move her out of a plateau she was experiencing at the time. She was neither losing nor gaining weight, so she wanted something that might give her a boost in the right direction.
Dr Oz: Garcinia Cambogia Dosage
While Garcinia Cambogia can be purchased at your local health food store and online, Doctor Oz wants to be sure that you buy it wisely, so he asked Dr. Chen to give some guidelines for when you are making a purchase.
- Be sure the bottle says Garcinia Cambogia or GCE, which stands for Garcinia Cambogia Extract
- Recommended Garcinia Cambogia dosage – 500 – 1,000 MG before each meal, no more than 3,000 total per day, unless you clear a higher amount with her doctor.
- Makes sure it is taken on an empty stomach, about 30-60 minutes before your meal, because there are a lot of components in the foods you eat that bind to the ingredients in the supplement, making the supplement more effective.
Dr Oz HCA
- At least 50% HCA – This is the ingredient in the rind of the fruit that is so important.
Garcinia Cambogia With Potassium
- Potassium (K) – Potassium supports the absorption of Garcinia Cambogia, so be sure it is listed as an ingredient on the bottle.
Dr Oz: Garcinia Cambogia Brands
Dr. Oz prefers not to recommend a particular brand when purchasing Garcinia Cambogia, but he does have a some guidelines he would like you to follow when choosing one that is right for you.
Garcinia Cambogia No Fillers!!!
- No fillers
- Zero binders
- No artificial ingredients
He wants to assure everyone that he does not endorse one brand over and another, so if you see that in an advertisement it is false. He says to simply stay focused on those three guidelines when making your decision.
Doctor Oz: Garcinia Cambogia Lowers Blood Sugar
Dr. Oz took an audience member’s question, which was who should not take this supplement?
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women, because supplements simply are not evaluated the same way that medications are evaluated, so it is best to avoid them.
- Be careful when using supplements with other supplements or prescription pharmaceuticals.
- Dr. Oz’s biggest caution is with diabetics because garcinia cambogia lowers your blood sugar, so if you are on a diabetic medication be sure to consult with your doctor; otherwise your blood sugar will go too low.