Dr Oz did a segment on Body Dilemma Diets and included a Big Belly Diet or a Truncal Fat Diet with Jorge Cruise, author of Belly Fat Cure, and Dr Rovenia Brock, a nutritionist. If you have tried high protein diets, low carb diets, liquid only diets, diets where you eat less and exercise more, and still you cannot lose weight, Doctor Oz has some ideas for you! There is something called Weight Loss Genetics which is the study of individual body types and determines where you will gain weight. There are three basic body types: the Big Belly or Truncal Fat, the Big Butt, and the third body type that gets Big All Over. Here are Dr Oz, Dr Ro Brock, and Jorge Cruise’s Big Belly Diet Plan and Truncal Fat Exercise Plan. If you have a different body type, click here for the other Dr Oz Body Dilemma Diet: the Big Belly Diet, the Big Behind Diet, or the Big All Over Diet.
Dr Oz: Truncal Fat Diet Plan
Dr Oz brought on a guest named Lori who said that she hates her Big Belly. She has been a yo-yo dieter in the past, but she always gains it all right back. She acknowledges that she is not the best eater – eating things like bacon, egg, and cheese for breakfast and lots of takeout junk food. She has had 2 c-section pregnancies and a hysterectomy. But now she wants to know how to get rid of the belly fat once and for all.
Dr Oz: What Causes a Big Belly?
Dr Oz said that the following things are Big Belly Obstacles that you must overcome:
- You have more cortisol in your body, which breaks down your muscles.
- Your metabolism is slow.
- You are at a greater risk for Heart Disease and Cancer.
Dr Oz: Big Belly Diet Plan
Dr Ro said that the following is what you must do on a Big Belly Weight Loss Plan:
- Get MUFA’s into your diet every day – these are mono-unsaturated fats like olive oil and avocado.
- Eat meals with anti-inflammatory foods like a veggie omelet for breakfast, a salad with salmon for lunch, and a turkey meatball pasta dinner.
- Eat 300-400 calorie meals.
- For snacks, try almond butter and apples.
Dr Oz said that you should replace sugar with fresh fruit, red meat with fish, and white potatoes with sweet potatoes.
Dr Oz: Belly Planks: Big Belly Workout Plan
Jorge Cruise showed Lori how to do an exercise called a Belly Plank, which will get rid of belly fat, tone your tummy and decrease your love handles.
- Balance yourself by placing your forearm horizontally along the bottom of the base of the seat of a chair.
- Stick your legs out so that they are straight and your entire body is straight like a plank on its side.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds and repeat it on the other side.
Jorge Cruise said that when you get really good, you can even push your body down and up (kind of like a side-ways push-up) to really target your love handles.