Dr Oz: 7 Day Crash Diet
Even with summertime fast approaching, you can still lose weight in time for the beach. On today’s show, Dr Oz was joined by Dr. Joel Fuhrman to show you how to eat all you want and still lose weight. This is the only Dr Oz approved Crash Diet (hence the name Dr Oz 7 Day Crash Diet!)l. In just 7 days, you can eat all you want and still lose 10 pounds or even more. Best of all, you do not need to exercise and you can eat yummy foods like Dr Oz’s Skinny Shake Recipe!
Dr. Joel Fuhrman has helped over 20,000 patients throughout his years. All it takes is one week and he’ll get you on the fast track to weight loss. Millions have followed this philosophy and have seen dramatic weight loss. Dr. Fuhrman says you can lose up to a dress size in just one week.
One woman lost 120 lbs in just a year. Another woman lost 100 lbs. Dr. Fuhrman says most diets have people cut calories and reduce fat, when in actuality, you should be focusing on consuming nutritious foods. The more you eat of these foods, like fruits and grain, the more you lose. Foods that burn fat the fastest are the ones higher in nutrients. Eat less of foods like sweets, meats and dairy because they’re higher in calories.
Dr Oz: Nutrient Density Food Scale
The first step of Dr Oz’s 7 Day Crash Diet is to understand the Nutrient Density Food Scale which goes from 0-100. Foods closer to 0 include sweets and treats. Meats are at a level 6. Full-fat dairy is 8. Starchy veggies are at 25. Fresh fruits are 45. Dark leafy greens are at 100. Concentrate on eating those foods with the higher numbers, like fresh fruits and dark leafy greens. You don’t have to each just those foods, but consume the other foods in moderation because they will sabotage your weight loss efforts.
Nutrient Dense Foods vs. Junk Foods
The more you eat of the higher numbered foods, the more fat you’ll burn. If you eat a small bowl of potato chips (1000 calories) a week and don’t burn it off, over the course of a year, you’ll accumulate 15 pounds and you’ll have toxic hunger that will make you keep eating more.
If you eat the same amount of calories in nutrient dense foods (veggies), you’ll lose weight. People who eat nutrient dense foods say the food kills the toxic hunger, which makes you want to eat more. Nutrient rich foods fill up the body with nutrients and takes away cravings and the drive to overeat. You can lose 10 lbs (including fluid) per week.
Sabrina, an audience member, wanted to lose weight fast. She crashed dieted, but these diets were unsuccessful long term. One of her issues was that she was always hungry.
3 Simple Steps:
Dr Oz: 90/10 Diet Rule
On Dr Oz’s 7 Day Crash Diet, you must eat 90% nutrient-dense foods (veggies, seeds, nuts, fruits and beans). For the other 10%, have healthy oils, meat and dairy. Eat the foods that fill you up.
Light & Lean Breakfast
Eat foods like oatmeal and fresh fruit. No heavy proteins (dairy, cereal, meat) for breakfast. A light and lean breakfast keeps the detox mode going. Do not put extra sugar in your oatmeal or on any food. Sugar drives toxic hunger. These foods already have natural sugar.
Bean Belly Blasting Lunch
Sabrina admitted to normally eating rice, curry and fried chicken for lunch. (Uh, don’t think that’s going to help you lose the weight!). Dr. Fuhrman suggested a Belly Blasting Lunch. Consume foods like beans to help the fat melt off the body. Plus, beans make you feel full, lower insulin and are full of resistant starch. Beans turn into a fatty acid that accelerates weight loss
Lean, Green & Skinny Dinner
For dinner, try eating yummy, nutrient rich foods like a pita pizza with broccoli. Another option includes an eggplant roll up.
Doctor Oz says if you stick to these rules, you will lose the weight.
Dr Oz: BOM – Berries, Onions & Mushrooms
Eat Berries, Onions and Mushrooms to kick your body into fat burning mode, which is exactly what you want to do on Dr Oz’s 7 Day Crash Diet. These foods contain properties that blast fat. Berries keep insulin and glucose levels down. Eat them every day. Have berries with breakfast, onions for lunch and mushrooms for dinner or, switch them around.
Dr Oz: Skinny Shake Recipe
Dr Oz’s Skinny Shake will help you detox in order for you to lose weight on Dr Oz’s 7 Day Crash Diet, while satisfying your sweet tooth. The shake contains anti-inflammatory properties and the strawberries lower insulin. Drink this and you will be satisfied. The best part is, it only takes a few minutes to make.
1 C of ice
4 oz of pomegranate juice
1 C frozen strawberries
Squeeze of lemon
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Enjoy!
Eat and drink right, but Dr. Fuhrman says don’t exercise just yet. (Sounds radical, but it’s true.) Exercise is not needed because most people who do this program feel sickly, hence why they start the program. Do this regiment first and then get your exercise. It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle.