Dr Oz: MSG Linked To Diabetes and Obesity
Dr. Oz and Dr. Mark Hyman are talking about something you have probably never heard of before, but it’s becoming an epidemic in our country! “Diabesity” is a combination of diabetes and obesity and it affects every other person – that could be you or someone you love!
Dr Oz: What Is “Diabesity?”
Dr. Oz is introducing you to a new medical term today. It is “diabesity,” which is a combination of two of the deadliest diseases that we face, diabetes and obesity. The good news is that you have the power to reverse your diabesity and lose 20 pounds in just six weeks! Dr. Mark Hyman, author of The Blood Sugar Solution, said that every other person in our country is battling diabesity, which is mostly due to consuming too much sugar. Dr. Hyman said that the average person consumes 20-30 teaspoons of sugar a day! He also said that you do not have to be overweight to have diabesity because ¼ of people who have it are actually skinny, or “skinny fat” as he refers to it.
Dr Oz: Dr Mark Hyman Diabesity Quiz
Dr. Mark Hyman created a quiz to help you determine whether or not you have diabesity. Take it now to find out! If you answer “yes” to at least one of these questions you either have, or are at risk for, diabesity.
- Do you have “extra” belly fat? Dr. Hyman said a good way to determine this is by standing in front of a mirror and jumping up and down. If your belly jiggles then you probably have too much.
- Do you crave sugar and refined carbs?
- Has your doctor told you that you have high blood sugar or high triglycerides?
- Are you inactive, which is defined as exercising less than 30 minutes a day four times per week?
Dr Oz: How To Reverse Diabesity
Dr. Mark Hyman said that almost anyone can reverse diabesity and it does not require a visit to the doctor. He said it is all about what you eat because food is medicine and more powerful than any pill you could put in your mouth. Dr. Hyman said it just takes six weeks and a few changes to your diet and you can reverse diabesity and take control of your health.
- Get rid of foods that contain MSG – MSG (Mono Sodium Glutamate) is found in many different foods, like deli meats, crackers and salad dressing. It is often disguised on labels as gelatin, yeast extract, hydrolyzed vegetable protein so it is very important to read the package before you put something in your shopping cart.
- Throw out Frankenfoods – These are the foods that contain ingredients on the label you are unable to pronounce. If you are not able to read it, you should not be putting in your body because it is probably a chemical or additive that is bad for you and your health. Dr. Mark Hyman also recommends sticking to products that have less than five ingredients listed the label.
- Eliminate dairy products – Dr. Hyman said there are 60 different naturally-occurring hormones found in milk which can increase your insulin and contribute to diabesity.