Dr Oz: Is the Paleo Diet Right for You?
The Paleo Diet is taking America and the entire world by storm! Millions of people are following the most popular diet that helps you lose weight and prevent disease, but is it right for you? Today Dr. Oz reveals how to find your personal Paleo code to lose weight and get healthier than ever before!
Dr Oz: Your Personal Paleo Code with Chris Kresser
The foundation of the Paleo Diet is simple, just like our ancestors ate mostly lean meats and plants, experts believe we should be doing the same. Many believe that heavily processed foods, which are so often found in the average American diet, are the cause of illness and disease and that is why they are not included in a Paleo Diet.
Nell Stephenson, author of Paleoista, explains that a Paleo Diet is different from others because unlike most “fad” diets, a Paleo Diet includes a good balance of lean meats, vegetables, and healthy fats. Chris Kresser, author of Your Personal Paleo Code, tells Dr. Oz that your personal Paleo code is about creating a personalized diet plan based on your needs, lifestyle, and genetic blueprint, which is why he believes so many people have found amazing success with the Paleo Diet.
Dr Oz: Personal Paleo Code ‘High Volume Eater’
Dr. Oz loves that the Paleo Diet takes principles of the way we ate thousands of years ago and incorporates it into an easy-to-follow plan, but what he likes even more is that you can figure out your own Paleo code to see what style works best for your body.
Paleo Code Type 1: High Volume Eater – A stress eater who needs large quantities of food and often eats mindlessly.
The first thing that Chris Kresser says is that there is no such thing as counting calories because there are many foods you can eat without restriction.
- Non-Starchy Vegetables – Kale, cauliflower, celery, beets, carrots, eggplant, cabbage, and many more.
- Starchy Vegetables that contain Good Carbs – Sweet Potatoes, yams, and plantains.
- Healthy Fats – Avocado, coconut oil, and olive oil.
- Proteins (which Chris recommends you eat with every meal) – Lean beef, eggs, pork, shrimp, oysters, salmon, turkey are all good examples.
- Eat full-fat dairy up to twice a day – Milk, butter, Greek yogurt. Stick to small servings.
- Eat legumes 3 times per week – Beans, lentils, chickpeas.