Dr Oz: Rosie O’Donnell’s Diet Plan
Rosie O’Donnell lost 15 lbs in 2 months (read more about it here: Rosie’s Weight Loss) and she joined Dr Oz to tell you how with her 4 rules. Dr Oz goes to Rosie’s turf (aka her studio) to check out her scene (aka her stage set). Just feet from the stage door, temptation loomed everywhere. There were 4 vending machines in a row and every day, Rosie stated she passed by, looking for the dark chocolate candy bars. (she just looked!)
On the way to the stage, there was also food for the crew, which was a bunch of junk food. (Translation…the good tasting stuff!) Dr Oz asked about healthy foods and one of the stage hands showed him this itty bitty lonely table with almonds, cereals and fruit.
Dr Oz and Rosie visited the state of the art gym located at the studio. Rosie admitted that she didn’t use that gym but she did work out at home.
In her personal office, Rosie does eat fruit to take a break from junk. Dr Oz commended Rosie, telling her that her brain was starting to think like a thin person.
Dr Oz: Rosie’s Diet
1. Go Green-Green vibrance smoothie has everything you need veggie wise.
Rosie told Dr Oz this was a big change from her old breakfast of Yoo Hoo and Ring Dings. You can also put the green juice in orange juice.
2. 3-Plate Rule- Rosie ate a breakfast of cereal, a salad for lunch and brown rice with a piece of fish every night for dinner. In the beginning, she admitted it was horrible, but then she started feeling better and felt it was worth it.
3. Swap Snacks- Rosie admitted to still screwing up. She used to eat chips and cookies. If homemade, she’d be powerless. She can’t keep foods like that around anymore. They have to be hidden. Now she eats peanut butter and apples because they’re good for you and will fill you up. She also enjoys apple chips and hummus.
4. Exercise(shoot hoops)-Michelle, Rosie’s partner, helped her to incorporate fun activities like basketball, racquetball and tennis into her work out.
5. Rosie’s goal is to lose 1 lb per week and in 1 year, she’ll lose 50 lbs on her sensible, sustainable plan.
Dr Oz: Dark Chocolate Brownie Recipe With Pumpkin
Dr Oz Bonus Tip To Lose Weight: make brownies to stop food cravings. Buy dark chocolate and use canned pumpkin instead of oil. Add strawberries, which contain antioxidants.