Dr Oz: The Detox Prescription Review
Dr. Woodson Merrell, author of The Detox Prescription, tells Dr. Oz he used to think detoxes were a waste of time, but he now believes they can be very beneficial to eliminate toxins from the body. Dr. Merrell shares his 3-Day Detox Plan to cleanse your body and give your health a boost in the right direction.
Dr Oz: 3-Day Detox Diet Smoothie Meal Plan
Dr. Woodson Merrell’s 3-Day Detox promises to help you reduce inflammation, shed pounds, lower your blood pressure and get your energy back while focusing on the colors you put into each drink. He says we need a rainbow of colors for a good balance in the body and to detoxify and get rid of the bad stuff.
- Breakfast (8 a.m.): Green Goodness Smoothie – Dr. Merrell says to start your day with a green drink because it detoxifies and gives you energy.
- Snack (10 a.m.): Drink a glass of raw almond milk to keep you satiated.
- Lunch (Noon): Cranberry Apple Supreme Juice to support your kidneys and bowels so they can push the toxins from the body.
- Afternoon Snack (3 p.m.): Sweet Potato & Apple Smoothie
- Dinner (5 p.m.): Bravocado! Smoothie made with avocado and pear packed with antioxidant power to help eliminate toxins.
- Evening Drink (8 p.m.): Drink a glass of raw walnut milk.
Dr. Merrell says this plan contains around 1,200 calories with a healthy blend of protein, healthy fat and amino acids. Dr. Oz asked two women who tried the cleanse to share their experience with an all-liquid detox. They both say it was difficult at first, but by day two they began to feel much better and even reported a little weight loss.
Dr. Woodson Merrell says after you finish the initial 3-Day Detox you then continue with the 21-Day Plan, which includes more solid foods for the next several days, and then you finish by adding back some animal proteins to your diet.