Dr Oz: The UltraSimple Diet Review Dr Mark Hyman
Dr. Mark Hyman, author of The UltraSimple Diet, says most people with food sensitivities generally “feel like crap”, so he helps them diagnose which foods are a problem by removing common “trigger” foods from their diet. Dr. Hyman says he then tells patients to see how they feel without when they are not eating those foods before adding them gradually back into their diet.
Dr Oz: Elimination Diet to Diagnose Hidden Food Allergies
You could be tired, achy and overweight simply because you are allergic to a food and do not know it, but that ends today because Dr. Oz has the help to diagnose your food sensitivity and feel better once and for all. Dr. Mary Hyman says the best way to diagnose a hidden food sensitivity is with an Elimination Diet because many people do not realize there could be a connection between feeling crappy and the foods they eat.
Step #1: Take 2 days to “prep” before you start an Elimination Diet because Dr. Hyman says it is better to ease into it rather than go “cold turkey”.
- Remove high-caffeine coffee and replace it with low-caffeine Green Tea.
- Swap out junk food, like candy bars, for berries as a snack.
Dr Oz: Elimination Diet Shopping List
Dr. Mark Hyman says you need to create a shopping list of non-processed, fresh foods before you begin your Elimination Diet. Those foods include:
- Brown Rice
- Green vegetables
- Brown Rice cereal
Dr. Oz: Elimination Diet 5-Day Cleanse
The next step in Dr. Hyman’s Elimination Diet is the 5-Day Cleanse, which includes “safe” foods that have a very low chance of causing any kind of sensitivity symptoms in most people.
- Breakfast: Brown rice cereal, Green Tea, berries, pumpkin seeds and almonds.
- Snack: Vegetable broth, an apple and a few almonds.
- Lunch: Chicken or fish, vegetables and brown rice.
- Snack: Green Tea, berries, almonds and vegetable broth.
- Dinner: Fish or chicken, brown rice and vegetables.
The best way to believe in this method is in seeing results, which were shared by two women who followed Dr. Hyman’s 5-Day plan. They both shared that while it was challenging at first, they stuck to the diet and one woman says she no longer had skin rashes and even dropped 7 pounds in 5 days!
Dr Oz: How to Diagnose Food Allergies
Step #3 in Dr. Mark Hyman’s Elimination Diet is called the “Reintroduction Phase”, which is when you have a clean slate after rebooting your system and reduced inflammation in your body. This is when you slowly add foods back in that could be a problem.
Pick one food and eat it with every meal for 2 days. If your body feels badly, this is a sign you need to avoid that food.
A good food to start with is corn:
- Breakfast: Add 1 bowl of corn flakes cereal to the cleanse breakfast.
- Snack: Add a small bag of corn chips to the snack you ate during the cleanse.
- Lunch: Add an ear of corn-on-the-cob
- Snack: Add a small bag of corn nuts
- Dinner: Add 2 cups of cooked corn kernels
Continue this process for other foods in 2-day increments to see which ones cause food sensitivity symptoms. If a food causes you feel lousy, Dr. Hyman recommends eliminating it from your diet for 3 months and then try adding it back again and see how you feel.