Dr Oz: What is Coconut Palm Sugar?
Dr. Oz has a new favorite sweetener and you might just be surprised by where it comes from! Coconut Palm Sugar is the latest white sugar substitute that is loaded with nutrients to help maintain your blood sugar levels and prevent insulin spikes, which makes it an especially good option for Diabetics.
Dr Oz: Coconut Palm Sugar Review
Dr. Oz says it was actually one of his fans who brought Coconut Palm Sugar to his attention when she wrote about how it helped her lose 15 pounds and stop craving sugar! She says she uses it in her coffee and baked goods and was even excited to share that for the first time ever she did not gain any weight over the holidays! Dr. Oz says the biggest test with any new food lies in how it tastes because if something does not taste good, we will not want to eat it, so he passed out samples of treats made with Coconut Palm Sugar to his audience to see what they thought of the taste.
Chocolatier Jacques Torres says he found Coconut Palm Sugar to be a very simple product to work with when he used it in a recipe for caramel sauce that can be drizzled over popcorn.
The verdict: The audience agreed that Coconut Palm Sugar is a tasty replacement for white sugar!
Dr Oz How to Use Coconut Palm Sugar
- Use Coconut Palm Sugar in place of sugar at a 1:1 ratio
- Found in grocery stores for about $5 per bag.
Dr Oz: Hair Loss Sign of Clogged Arteries
Would you know if your arteries were clogged? Dr. Oz says there are a few surprising warning signs to pay attention to, so he asked for an Assistant of the Day to help reveal them.
- Cold Feet is the first warning sign of clogged arteries. If you always need warm socks when everyone else does not, it could be a clue that something is not right in your body.
- The next big sign of an artery blockage is hair loss. Dr. Oz says the reason for this is because not enough blood is getting to the head due to a plague build-up. In addition, Dr. Oz says you will even begin to lose the hair on your legs if your hair loss is due to clogged arteries.
- The third clue you might have a clogged artery is pain in your calf when walking.
Dr Oz: Carob Powder Reduces Cholesterol
Dr. Oz says the best thing about blood vessels is that you can clean them up and fix them, so he shared a super food that does just that!
Carob Powder is a healthy substitute for Cocoa Powder that actually comes from the pea family. It is packed with vitamins and minerals to help reduce your cholesterol and improve the health of your arteries. Sprinkle it on oatmeal, stir it in yogurt, or add it to your favorite smoothie.