Dr Oz: Diabetes Risk Test
Dr. Oz says 1-in-3 adults is pre-Diabetic and the scary part is that most of them don’t even know it, which is why he shared a pre-Diabetic Screening Quiz that takes just 60 seconds and could save your life!
Walgreens Pharmacist Heidi Hilker explains that pre-Diabetes is when your blood sugar is a bit higher than normal, but not high enough to be considered Diabetes. She says knowing your risk is important because you might not have any symptoms, but still have Diabetes and not even realize it.
- How old are you? < 40 years = 0 points, 40-49 = 1 point, 50-59 = 2 points, 60 or older = 3 points.
- Are you a man or a woman? Man = 1 point, Woman = 0 points.
- Have you ever been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes? Yes = 1 point, No = 0 points.
- Do you have a parent or sibling with diabetes? Yes = 1 point, No = 0 points.
- Have you ever been diagnosed with High Blood Pressure? Yes = 1 point, No = 0 points.
- Are you physically active? Yes = 0 points, No = 1 point.
- What is your weight status? (Use Dr. Oz’s guide to determine your points.)
Add up your numbers and if you scored 5 points or higher you are at an increased for having Type 2 Diabetes.