Dr Oz: Folic Acid Supplement Recommendation
While we all know Dr. Oz has shared and talked about several different supplements on his show, it is often hard to know which ones are the most important ones to take, so today he is setting the record straight! He says that even though he talks about a lot of supplements it does not mean you need to take all of them every single day. Most can be taken as needed for certain issues, otherwise it could get really expensive. He broke it down and revealed the 5 supplements you should take every day if you are otherwise healthy.
- Multivitamin: Look for one with 100% of the following: Vitamins A, C, D, E, K, Potassium, Zinc and Iodine – basically everything your body needs on a daily basis. Dr. Oz warns to avoid “Megadose” Multivitamin because they can actually cause more harm than good.
- Calcium with Magnesium: Take 600 MG of Calcium with 400 MG of Magnesium, but do not take it within 1-2 hours of your multivitamin because it can interfere with absorption.
- Vitamin D: Take 1,000 IU per day.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Take 600 MG of DHA daily.
- Folic Acid: We all get some folic acid from vegetables and grains, but women of childbearing potential should take an additional 400-800 micrograms per day. The dose you need is often included in multivitamins, but women who have children with neural tube defects require more.
Dr Oz: Sore Throat Home Remedy
Dr. Oz asked his viewers and fans to share their best and favorite home remedies. This one is especially good since we are about to enter cold and flu season.