Dr. Oz: Broccoli Rabe Cook-Off
Dr. Oz asked three people with “Rob” in their name to compete in a Broccoli Rabe Cook-Off. Robin made her Broccoli Rabe with Chicken and Apricots recipe, which celebrity chef Rachael Ray declared the winner. Also try Broccoli Rabe Breakfast Panini, Agilo e Olio with Broccoli Rabe, and Grilled Broccoli Rabe Bread Salad.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know what you think of it in the comments!
Dr. Oz: Broccoli Rabe with Chicken and Apricots Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 Ounce Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Black Pepper
- 6 Dried Apricots, Sliced
- 2 Tablespoon Pine Nuts
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Sliced)
- 1 Bunch of Broccoli Rabe (Trimmed)
- Goat Cheese (For Garnish)
Dr. Oz: Broccoli Rabe with Chicken and Apricots Recipe Directions
- Season chicken well with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 teaspoons oil to a large skillet and bring to medium heat. Cook the chicken until it’s a nice golden brown color and cooked completely through, about 7 to 8 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking time. To ensure doneness, the internal temp should be 165 degrees when measured with an instant read thermometer. Slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- In a second skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil and bring to medium heat. Add the pine nuts, garlic, and apricots. Cook until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove.
- Add the broccoli rabe, 1/4 cup water, and 1/2 teaspon salt. Cook, covered, until the broccoli rabe is tender but not wilted completely, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the apricot mixture and serve alongside the chicken, with some goat cheese on top to add some nice creaminess.