Dr. Oz: Cauliflower Crust Grilled Cheese Recipe
Dr. Oz wanted to provide some great bread-free sandwich options to his audience, so he asked several online experts to share their recipes. Catherine McCord from Weelicious made her great and innovative Cauliflower Crust Grilled Cheese recipe. Don’t forget about the Eggplant Sandwich and Portobello Mushroom Sandwich either.
Check out my attempt to reproduce it below and be sure to let us know what you think of it in the comments!
Dr. Oz: Catherine McCord Cauliflower Crust Grilled Cheese Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Small Head Cauliflower (Cut into Small Pieces)
- 1 Free Range Organic Egg (Lightly Beaten)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fine Grain Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
Catherine McCord: Dr. Oz Cauliflower Crust Grilled Cheese Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor and pulse until it’s similar in size to rice.
- Add to a microwave safe bowl and heat for 8 minutes.
- Mix it with the egg, salt, pepper, and the mozzarella cheese until it starts to come together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Form the cauliflower mixture into small bread slice-sized squares onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 16 minutes until it’s nice and golden. Let cool.
- To make the grilled cheese, press the cheddar cheese between two slices.
- Add some olive oil to a saute pan and bring to medium high heat. Grill the sandwich for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve and enjoy!