Dr. Oz: Chocolate Recipes
Expert chef Jacques Torres came by Dr. Oz to judge several chocolate recipes from Dr. Oz viewers, including a great Dark Chocolate Whopper recipe, a Chocolate Crepe, and Dark Chocolate Bark. Although this recipe didn’t win, it did look delicious!
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! And be sure to let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments!
Dr. Oz: Dark Chocolate Whopper Recipe Ingredients
- 6 Ounce Semisweet Chocolate (Chopped)
- 2 Ounce Unsweetened Chocolate (Chopped)
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup sifted All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoon Instant Espresso Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 6 Ounce Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Pecans (Toasted; Chopped)
- 1 Cup Walnut Halves (Crushed into Large Pieces)
Dr. Oz: Dark Chocolate Whopper Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat until melted, stirring often.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Beat together the eggs, espresso powder, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until fluffy, using an electric mixer. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Mix the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, along with the flour mixture, and whisk together until everything is incorporated. Then stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Line three baking sheets with parchment paper and scoop the mixture into balls. Put about 1/3 of the mixture on each of the baking sheets, spacing the balls about 3 inches apart.
- Bake the Dark Chocolate Whopper for 17 minutes until the tops of the whoppers are dry and shiny.
- Once done, slide the cookies and the parchment onto racks to cool.