Dr Oz: Cancer Superfoods
Dr Oz did a show on 3 Silent Killers of Women and gave an Ovarian Cancer One Sheet to help us detect these killers early. But did you know you can help reduce your risk of cancer just by the foods you eat? On today’s show, Doctor Oz was joined by Nutritionist, Dr. Will Clower, to show you which superfoods can help you fight cancer. These foods will help heal your body and even help you lose weight. According to Dr. Clower, solid research indicates that food can be as powerful as medication when it comes to fighting cancer.
Dr Oz: Collard Greens Fight Ovarian Cancer
Collard greens help to detox your body. They interrupt blood supply so a tumor can’t grow and essentially starves the tumor. Trials indicated that collard greens help to fight off ovarian, as well as, other cancers. Dr. Clower suggested pulling the leaves off the ribs in the middle and eating them like this. When you chew them, the enzymes limit your cancer risk. For maximum benefits, eat 1 cooked cup 2x per week.
Dr Clower: White Kidney Beans Prevent Brain Aneurysms
Dr. Clower says white kidney beans are bit of an unsung hero. Studies show that if you add just 10 g of fiber to diet, your risk of colon cancer drops tremendously. White kidney beans help fight brain aneurysms too. Looking for a delicious recipe? Try Dr. Clowers’ Cancer-Fighting Beans and Greens.
Dr Oz Cancer Fighting Beans & Greens Recipe
1 C diced onion
2 cans of Great Northern beans (rinsed)
1 (32-oz) box chicken stock (organic)
1 large bunch of collard greens
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 sprig rosemary
Salt & pepper (to taste)
1. Use a medium-sized pan to sauté the onion over a medium flame until the onions are translucent.
2. Tear the leaves of the collard greens from the central ribs.
3. Rip leaves to a manageable size (about 2-inches by 2-inches.)
4. Thoroughly rinse. (Use a scrubbing brush if needed.)
5. Add chicken stock, collard greens, white beans, vinegar, and rosemary in a Dutch oven.
6. Add finished onions to the Dutch oven.
7. Bring mixture to a boil and then turn down the heat to medium/low.
8. Cover the pot with a lid. Allow o gently bubble away for approximately 30-40 minutes (or until leaves are tender.)
9. Serve over a bed of rice, if you prefer. This can also be enjoyed as a stand-alone dish.
For extra kick, add a dash or hot sauce!
Preparing this dish tonight? Leave me a message and let me know how it tastes!
Dr Oz: San Marzano Tomatoes Fight Cancer
These Italian grown tomatoes are sweeter and have a thinner skin for easier consumption. Studies indicate that the San Marzano tomato may have more cancer fighters. Eat ½ cup 3x per week. When you cook, you get even bigger benefits.
Dr Oz: American Roast Coffee Fights Cancer
You drink this every day but did you know your coffee may be helping you to fight cancer? Some of the cancers it helps include breast, uterine, kidney, liver and colon cancer. (Coffee offers approximately a 3% reduction in all types of cancers.) Dr. Clower suggested American roast. American roast is better for you because it contains more antioxidants. For maximum benefits, drink 3 cups per day.