Dr Oz: Bran Appetit No Bake Recipes
Dr Oz scoured the Internet to find some of the best ideas out there. He found a popular food blogger whose no-bake approach resonates with followers and makes cooking easier. Best of all, they made Gluten-Free recipes for this segment. Check out the Strawberry Microwave Breakfast Bowl, No-Rice Risotto and Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Recipes from this segment.
Dr Oz: No Bake Healthy Recipes
Brandi writes for the food blog Bran Appetit, and she explained that “no-bake just means you don’t have to turn on your oven or your stove, and all of these can be made in minutes, which is great.” That could definitely save time in the kitchen.
From the no-bake cookies of her childhood, she expanded her menu, using healthy swaps and trying savory dishes and even breakfast ideas. Brandi thinks that her easy recipes and pictures of the process make it easy for others to follow along.
But when she first got married, Brandi was overweight and didn’t have much cooking knowledge. She was self-taught and learned it doesn’t have to be hard to make healthy meals. She does the blog and cooks as a hobby, in addition to working a full time job.
Dr Oz: Strawberry Microwave Breakfast Bowl Recipe
Brandi said this dish is one of her favorite breakfasts, which takes less time to make than oatmeal. (I wish that I could cook as fast as the chefs on TV, with their magic tricks.) This has 12 grams of fat and only 225 calories.
Dr Oz No Bake Breakfast
- 1/4 cup Oat Bran
- 2 tablespoons Oat Flour
- 1 tablespoon Flaxseed (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Applesauce (unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Milk (Almond or Dairy)
- 1/2 cup Seasonal Fruit, sliced (fresh)
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Then mix in the wet ingredients.
- Spray a coffee mug with cooking spray.
- Pour the ingredients in the mug and cook for about 90 seconds.
Dr Oz: Rice-Less Risotto Recipe
Brandi said she loves this recipe because it’s creamy and quick to prepare. This dish has 280 calories and 5.5 grams of fat.
- 1 cup Quick or Steel Cut Oats
- 2 cups Broth
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen Peas
- 2 tablespoons Cream Cheese, low fat (or substitute Greek Yogurt)
- Precooked Chicken Strips
Dr Oz No Bake Main Course Recipe
- Combine oats and broth in a deep, microwave safe bowl and cook for two minutes.
- Add peas or other vegetable and cream cheese.
- Return to microwave for two more minutes.
- Finish with Rosemary and Chicken or other protein option of your choice.
Dr Oz: Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Cups Recipe
This dessert dish has only 145 calories and just 7.5 grams of fat. You could definitely get away with enjoying two of them. Unsurprisingly, Dr Oz and the audience gave these desserts a thumbs up.
- 2 cups Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt (plain)
- 2/3 cup Cream Cheese (low fat)
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
Dr Oz No Bake Dessert
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for about two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread the melted chocolate evenly inside eight paper cupcake liners.
- Stash these cupcake liners in the fridge to let the chocolate reset.
- Combine Cream Cheese and Powdered Sugar in a medium bowl. Add more to taste and mix out any lumps.
- Combine Greek Yogurt with Cream Cheese mixture. Optionally, add citrus zest.
- Divide filling mix among set cupcake liners. Return to fridge for up to 10 minutes.
- Optionally, reserve some melted chocolate to add to the top; just be sure to pop them back in the fridge.
Which of these recipes do you plan to try first? Leave a comment to let me know if they work for you.