Dr Oz: Hungry Girl Sloppy Janes Recipe
Hungry Girl and Dr Oz whipped up some great dinner ideas, including a Spinach Artichoke Chicken dish and Crock Pot Mexican Beef Recipe. Next, Lisa Lillien took on a fan favorite and showed us how to make it in a healthy way. Are you ready for her Sloppy Janes Recipe? Yes, a Sloppy Jane is a healthy take on the classic Sloppy Joe Recipe!
It’s got 265 calories, compared to the typical Sloppy Joe Recipe, with 686 calories.
- 1 pound Lean Ground Turkey (or beef)
- 1 teaspoon Dry Steak Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 3/4 cup Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Natural Sweetener
- Light Buns
- Salt & Pepper
- Brown the ground turkey in a skillet.
- Stir in peppers, onion and spices. Add Worcestershire.
- Add canned crushed tomatoes and tomato paste to create a light sauce.
- Use a natural sweetener to create a sweet sauce if desired.
- Serve on a bun.
Hungry Girl Chicken Nuggets & Taco Recipes
Hungry Girl Grin ‘n Carrot Fries Recipe
Hungry Girl’s Cheeseburger Mac Attack & Vodka Impasta Recipes
Fake-Out Meatball Parm & Hungry Girl Shrimp Fried Rice
Hungry Girl Chicken Parm
Hungry Girl Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Hungry Girl: String Cheese
Lisa suggested that cheese fiends switch to mozarella sticks, which are light and versatile. They’re individually wrapped for easy portion control.
Dr Oz: What You Can’t Live Without
Elisabeth Hasselbeck returned to talk with Dr Oz about the things you can’t live without. Think about your purse, your cell phone, or maybe coffee.
But if you could only take two favorite items with you on a desert island, what should you take? Elisabeth said she wanted to take Dr Oz, but he said he doesn’t do well in the wild.
Lisa (@paynetrainsil) on Twitter said she would bring good shoes and an economy size jar of peanut butter.
Dr Oz: Beets Are High in Iron
Tracy on Facebook suggested bringing coconut oil, aspirin and duct tape. Elisabeth quizzed an audience member, who wanted to bring water purifying tablets and lip gloss.
Dr Oz said he would take beets, because they are high in iron. He’d also bring a scalpel, which could have many uses on an island.
What two items would you bring? Tell us in the comments.