Dr Oz: Low Sodium Sloppy Joes
Dr Oz was on a mission to prove that you don’t have to rely on salt to flavor your food. Just ask Cooking Channel host G. Garvin and sisters Tiffany and Kimberly. Tiffany worked with Garvin to make a Tomato & Tabasco Sloppy Joe Recipe. Then he helped Kimberly to prepare this Jalapeno Sloppy Joe Recipe. Which one sounds best to you?
Dr Oz: Jalapeno Sloppy Joe Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped Green Pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Yellow Mustard
- 3 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 cup Low Sodium Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Agave Nectar
- 1 tbsp Low Sodium Tomato Paste
- 1/2 diced, seeded Jalapeno Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Dr Oz: G. Garvin Jalapeno Sloppy Joe Recipe Directions
- Brown the ground beef on medium heat in a skillet.
- Add tomato paste, onion, green pepper and jalapeno.
- Mix in mustard, stock, brown sugar, and garlic powder. Combine well.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for half an hour.
- Add agave nectar. Finish with salt and pepper before serving on buns.