Dr. Oz: Oven Fries Recipe
Dr. Oz talked to dietitian France Largeman-Roth and America’s Test Kitchen Julia Collin Davison about ways to make veggies more flavorful. They teamed up to make a delicious Oven Fries recipe, the perfect recipe for a weeknight side.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below!
Dr. Oz: Oven Fries Recipe Ingredients
- 2 1/4 Pounds Russet Potatoes (Peeled, Cut into Wedges)
- 5 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
Dr. Oz: Oven Fries Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Make sure the oven rack is in its lowest position.
- Soak the potatoes in hot tap water for 10 minutes, then drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub a large baking sheet with 4 tablespoons oil and add 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. This salt and pepper acts as a buffer between the baking sheet and the potatoes, ensuring they won’t stick to the pan.
- Toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Take off the foil and stir the potatoes around. Bake potatoes for 15 to 20 more minutes until the potatoes are a nice golden brown. The color might not be even. That’s okay.
- Flip the potatoes around using tongs or a fork and then bake for 5 more minutes, until the fries are golden and crisp.
- Add the fries to a paper towel-lined plate and let drain.
- Serve and enjoy!