Dr Oz: Nut Butter Reviews
These days, you can find Nut Butter in all types of varieties at the grocery store. Here’s what Dr Oz wanted all of us to know about these products, from Almond Butter to Cashew Butter and everything in between. Also be sure to try the Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe and other kitchen ideas.
Dr Oz’s Nut Butter Rules
- 2 tbsp per day
- No added salt or sugar (limited ingredients)
- No reduced fat (it’s replaced with unhealthy additives)
Allison Fishman Task, the author of Cooking Light’s Lighten Up, America, was Dr Oz’s expert guest to share the best uses for some of the most popular new types of nut butter.
Dr Oz: Peanut Butter Energy Booster
Dr Oz said that protein-rich Peanut Butter is best to give you an energy boost, because it contains folate. Allison Fishman Task said that it is a great thing to use when baking, and it can help you reduce the other fats in your recipe. She showed Dr Oz a Peanut Butter Banana Bread.
Dr Oz: Cooking Light Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups mashed Banana
- 1/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup ground Flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Allspice
- 1/3 cup plain fat free Yogurt
- 3 tbsp melted Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 6 3/4 cups Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chopped Peanuts
- Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp 1% Milk
Cooking Light: Dr Oz Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine banana with yogurt, butter, peanut butter and eggs and beat on medium.
- Add sugars and blend.
- Combine flour with flaxseed, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and allspice.
- Beat flour mix into banana mix and add the nuts.
- Pour this into a prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 65 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before removing from the pan and cooling on a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over bread before serving.
Dr Oz: Almond Butter Weight Loss
According to Dr Oz, Almond Butter is great for weight loss because it has high fiber and low calories. It is milder, which makes it a great addition to your favorite smoothie recipe for an emulsified texture.
Dr Oz: Cooking Light Almond Butter Berry Smoothie Recipe
- 1/4 cup 1% Milk
- 1 tbsp Creamy Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup Crushed Ice
- 1/2 medium Banana
- 1 cup Raspberries
- Blend and serve.
Dr Oz: Walnut Butter Heart Health
Walnut Butter is good for your heart due to its Omega-3s. Cooking Light created a Walnut Pesto Recipe just for Dr Oz, using Walnut Butter to replace oil.
Dr Oz: Cooking Light Walnut Butter Pesto Recipe
- 2 cups packed Basil
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 tbsp Walnut Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Water
- 1 oz grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Combine in a food processor and serve over pasta, protein, or veggies.
Dr Oz: Cashew Butter Bone Benefits
Cashew Butter contains copper and magnesium, which are good for your bones. Allison Fishman Task said that you can use it in a veggie dip or add it to toast. Try it as a peanut butter swap, she suggested.
Dr Oz: Ribbon Portion Control & Pencil Headache Remedy
Are you a health nut? Dr Oz viewers shared their favorite habits with the host.
- Tie a ribbon around your waist under your clothes as a reminder not to overindulge and to maintain portion control.
- Always keep bananas in your house as a diarrhea remedy. It’s high in potassium and replenishes electrolytes.
- Put a pencil or straw in your mouth between your teeth to relax the jaw muscle as an alternative to over the counter medication.