Dr Oz: Super Immunity Diet Cheat Food
Dr. Oz and Dr. Joel Fuhrman shared Dr. Fuhrman’s Super Immunity Diet to help you strengthen your immune system and never get sick again. They outlined the four rules to follow and demonstrated easy recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Now they have a special treat because Dr. Fuhrman has a “cheat” food that you can eat more than once a week without feeling the least bit guilty!
Dr Oz: Dr Fuhrman’s Never-Get-Sick Chocolate Cake Recipe
Now that you have Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s Super Immunity Diet recipes and you are ready to strengthen your immune system to never get sick again, check out his “cheat” food that you are going to love! Would you believe it not only boosts your immunity, but also tastes delicious and satisfies your sweet tooth? Grab a pen and a piece of paper because you are going to want to add these ingredients to your next shopping list!
Never-Get-Sick Chocolate Cake
Here is what you need for 12 servings:
- 1 2/3 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3 1/2 cups pitted dates, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup raw beets, shredded
- 3/4 cup raw carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup raw zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup pineapple chunks in own juice, drained
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 banana
- 3 tablespoons natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Chocolate Nut Icing:
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts or raw cashews (or a combination of the two)
- 2/3 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup brazil nuts or hazelnuts
- 1 cup vanilla soy, hemp or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Here is what you need to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- In blender or food processor combine 3 cups of dates, pineapple, banana and the applesauce. Chop the rest of the dates into 1/4-inch pieces.
- In large bowl combine the chopped dates, beets, zucchini, carrots, cocoa powder, currants, walnuts, water, vanilla and the flour mixture. Add the blended date mixture and stir until combined completely.
- Spread in a 9 x 13-inch nonstick baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- For the icing, combine all icing ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth and creamy. Spread on cooled cake.
- Slice and enjoy!