Dr Oz: What Are Amalgam Fillings?
If you have ever had a cavity and needed a filling, this Dr. Oz episode is for you! Do you have a mouth full of silver fillings? If so, they could be making you sick and you do not even know it. It is due to the fact amalgam fillings contain a high amount of mercury, which could be toxic to your health!
Dr Oz: Are Your Silver Fillings Making You Sick?
The American Dental Association insists silver fillings are completely safe, but more and more dentists are no longer using them when patients have cavities because of the potential risks involved due to the their high mercury content. Dr. Gerald Curatola, a dentist, says we do not know for sure how much mercury is too much when it comes to a tooth filling, but that is exactly why he says more research needs to be done because whether you have one filling, or several, the vapors are released and putting you at risk.
Dr Oz: Mercury Exposure Symptoms
Dr. Curatola told Dr. Oz that mercury is one of the most dangerous and toxic compounds to our central nervous system. He explained it also suppresses the immune system and can lead to such health issues as fatigue, memory loss, migraines or even skin problems. He outlined some of the classic symptoms to watch out for if you think you might have mercury exposure.
- Memory loss
- Inability to concentrate
- Problems with motor coordination