Mesothelioma Cancer Caused by Asbestos – Mesothelioma Symptoms


We have received a few requests to do an article on Mesothelioma Cancer, and so as per your request we are going to discuss what Mesothelioma Cancer is, whats causes Mesothelioma Cancer and what are the symptoms of Mesothelioma Cancer.  Dr. William Knopf, one of the expert contributors for Doctor Oz’s website, has explained the following regarding Mesothelioma in conjunction with the National Cancer Institute.

What is Mesothelioma Cancer?

Mesothelioma Cancer effects around 3000 people every year in America, the majority of whom were exposed to asbestos either at work or in the environment.  Roughly 85% of people who get Mesothelioma Cancer get it in the lining of their lungs (called the pleura) and the other 15% of people get it in the lining of their abdomen (called the peritoneum).  If you have been exposed to asbestos, check to see if you have the following symptoms:

Pleural Mesothelioma Cancer Symptoms:

After being exposed to asbestos, it can take between 30 and 50 years for you to develop symptoms of Mesothelioma Cancer.  The symptoms are as follows:

1.  Shortness of Breath

2.  Chest Pain

The reason you will often get a shortness of breath or chest pain is because you will begin to accumulate fluid in your lungs if you have Pleural Mesothelioma.

Peritoneal Mesothelioma Cancer Symptoms:

1.  Weight Loss

2.  Abdominal Pain

3.  Abdominal Swelling

4.  Obstructed Bowels

5.  Blood Clot Abnormalities

6.  Anemia

7.  Fever

The reason you will get many symptoms occurring in your abdomen and with your bowels is because of fluid accumulating in your abdomen with Peritoneal Mesothelioma Cancer, just like you get fluid buildup in you lungs with Pleural Mesothelioma.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sign up to our newsletter!

Human Verification: In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.