Dr Oz: 10 Habits to Help You Live Longer
Do you want to live to be 100 years-old, and feel like you’re 50? On today’s show, Dr Oz gave a quick recap of the top 10 habits to help you live a longer, healthier life. The best part is, you can start doing most of these habits today! So what are Dr Oz’s 10 Habits to Help You Live Longer?
Dr Oz: Red Foods
10. Add red foods to your diet- Foods like cabbage and beet juice contain nitrates to relax the blood vessels.
Dr Oz: Black Tea
9. Have a cup of black tea per day- Just 1 cup of black tea can boost your survival rate of heart attacks.
Dial Phone Numbers
8. Dial one phone number by memory every day- This activity improves your brain function.
Use 1st Bathroom Stall
7. Dr Oz said to use a first stall to prevent getting sick- Studies indicate that the first stall of the bathroom is the cleanest because it sees less traffic. Who would have thought?
Walk 2 Steps at a Time
6. Take 2 steps to work out- Every time you walk up the steps, take 2 at a time instead of one. This helps to strengthen your butt and thigh muscles.
Stretch After Hot Shower
5. Stretch after a hot shower to prevent pain- Stretching after a hot shower keeps your body flexible and will improve posture. Do the trunk twist. Put hands on waist, bend forward and then go all the way around. Then, with the hands still on your waist, bend around to look behind you. Do the other side.
Hold Breath for 10 Seconds
4. Hold your breath for 10 seconds- This mini-workout will keep you healthy. Breathe through nose and let out breath through pursed lips.
Dr Oz: Reverse Warrior Yoga Move
3. Do the reverse warrior- this yoga move keeps you limber. Take a large step forward with your left foot. Bend the knee 90 degrees. Keep right leg straight. Lift up left arm and stretch. Hold for 20 seconds.
Chew Food 20 Times
2. Dr Oz said that you should chew your food 20 times- This slows you down so you eat less.
Cut Cravings in Half
1. Finally, Dr Oz said to cut your cravings in half to cut calories-have your yummy foods, but only have half. You’ll lose weight faster.