Dr Oz 48 Hour Weekend Cleanse:
Don’t like any of the cleanses you’ve read about thus far? In this segment, Dr Oz put together his very own 48 Hour Detox, in which he assured his fans that this program will not only cleanse the body, it will taste delicious too. UPDATE: You should also checkout the latest Dr Oz 3 Day Cleanse and the Dr Oz Detox Drink Recipes from the most recent show!
Dr Oz Breakfast Detox:
Quinoa & Chopped Prune Recipe
1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 cup water
1 pinch nutmeg
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tbsp flax seed oil
1/3 cup chopped prunes
1/4 cup rice milk
1. In a small pot, stir 1/2 cup quinoa, a pinch of nutmeg and 1 tsp of grated ginger into a cup of water.
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the prunes and rice milk. Cover again and cook another 5 minutes.
4. Before serving, stir in 1 tbsp of flax seed oil.
Dr Oz Detox Drink Recipe:
Kale, Pineapple, and Ginger Detox Drink
Combine all ingredients and blend in juicer.
Pineapple, Lemon, and Pomegranate Blend-Free Detox Drink
3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
1 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
3 cups water
Combine all ingredients and mix in a cup. Enjoy!
Dr Oz: Fruit Smoothie Detox Recipe
1/2 cup almond or hemp milk (plain/unsweetened)
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed or chia
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup ice
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Dr Oz: Dinner Detox
Dr Oz Vegetable Broth Soup Recipe
2 red onions, roughly chopped
2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
1 fennel bulb, fronds and stalks included, roughly chopped
2 tsp caraway seeds
2 tsp sea salt
Freshly ground pepper
1 cup sliced shitake caps
4 large cloves garlic, chopped
1 cabbage, roughly chopped
2 quarts water
2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
8 sprigs parsley, chopped stems and leaves
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1. Combine all ingredients, except for the chopped parsley, in a pot. Add 2 quarts of water.
2. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Simmer covered for about 1 hour.
3. Adjust seasoning.
4. Remove whole parsley sprigs and serve topped with some freshly chopped parsley.
5. Serve with a side of traditionally fermented sauerkraut and chopped apples.
Dr Oz: Dandelion Tea & Epsom Salt Bath
Remember, do not eat after 7 pm, however you can have one cup of dandelion tea at bedtime. To relax your tired body, Dr Oz recommends an Epsom salt bath in the evening.