Doctor Oz and Tamara, his audience member in seat 163, taught us about ovarian cysts. Ovarian cysts can cause a massive amount of pain, and even more seriously, ovarian cysts can turn into cancerous tumors.
Dr. Oz’s List of Ovarian Cyst Symptoms:
1. Bloating – you usually will see this symptom first
2. Urinary Incontinence – this symptom you get as the cyst grows and pushes on your bladder
3. Pelvic Pain – you often get this symptom, but it isn’t necessary
4. Nausea & Vomiting
Dr. Oz said that tingling in your legs are not symptoms of ovarian cysts.
How to Detect Ovarian Cysts:
1. Pelvic Exams – a doctor can feel with his hand or do an ultrasound
2. Do you have issues with your monthly cycle like a longer cycle, more pain, nausea, etc.?
3. If you have ovarian cysts, you can take birth control pills to help prevent yourself from getting more cysts, because birth control pills will control your hormones.