Doctor Oz said that 30 million people suffer from ulcers. If you feel stressed out and your stomach feels like it is on fire, you could have ulcers. Dr Oz, along with his assistant of the day, looked at a stomach to show what a stomach looks like. If you have ulcers, you can get a big hole in your stomach from where the acid bores through the first layer of your stomach. Dr Oz said it may not be that stress causes ulcers, but rather, the pain from the ulcers also makes you stressed out… meaning that the stress is actually a symptom.
Causes of Ulcers:
1. Bacteria Called H. Pylori. Dr Oz said you can get H Pylori from kissing people or from eating contaminated foods.
2. Taking aspirin or ibuprofen can cause ulcers and holes in your stomach as well.
Dr Oz did a demo to show how the protective lining in your stomach keeps the acid inside of your stomach. But if you get a tiny rip in the lining, it can turn into a big hole as the acid inside of your stomach rips a hole.
– A burning sensation in your stomach, not right after you eat food, usually only a few hours later. Or pain in the morning when you first get up.
– Loss of Appetite & Weight Loss
Ulcer Home Remedies & Ulcer Cures:
– Pepto Bismol – Dr Oz said that people won a Nobel Prize for discovering that the pink liquids like Pepto Bismol helps ulcers by killing H. Pylori.
– Cranberry Juice – also kills the bacteria
– Zinc helps to heal ulcers, so consider eating cashews or taking zinc supplements if you have ulcers.