Doctor Oz played a game on his show to teach us which foods are fatigue fighters and which foods give us energy. So if you are feeling tired, strained or need extra energy, then learn how to stop your sleepiness with Sleep Home Remedies and Dr. Oz’s fatigue fighting tips!
Dr. Oz’s Fatigue Fighting Foods
1. Drowsy Driving is Responsible for What Percentage of Single Vehicle Crashes? 5%, 10% or 20%?
ANSWER: Drowsy driving is responsible for 20% of single car crashes. Dr. Oz said that 7.5 million people in a month were drowsy while driving. So if you don’t get a good nights sleep, you should not be driving.
2. Is Pineapple Helpful or Harmful for Drowsiness?
ANSWER: Pineapple is helpful at boosting your energy! Citrus fruits have vitamin C that stimulates epinephrine that gives you an extra dose of energy.
3. How Long Should It Take You To Fall Asleep? 5-10 minutes, 10-15 minutes or 15-20 minutes?
ANSWER: It should take you 10 to 15 minutes to fall asleep. Dr. Oz said that if you fall asleep in less than 5 minutes, then you are too tired!
4. Are Potatoes Helpful or Harmful for Drowsiness?
ANSWER: Potatoes make you sleepy! Potatoes are a starch, which stimulate blood sugar and so your insulin levels go up to take the blood sugar away, and you are left feeling tired.
5. True or False: During REM Sleep, Your Limbs Are Temporarily Paralyzed to Keep You From Acting Out Your Dreams?
ANSWER: True! During REM sleep, you limbs to become temporarily paralyzed – otherwise you might actually act our your dreams and hurt yourself. Have you ever woken up in a jerky movement? These jerky motions are usually when you are coming out of REM sleep.
6. Is Hummus Helpful or Harmful with Fatigue?
ANSWER: Hummus is harmful and makes you sleepy, because hummus has tryptophan, so it stimulates your sleepy hormones to turn on, just like turkey!