Dr Oz: Natural Insomnia Cures
Now that you know your Insomnia Type, Dr. Oz wants to help you get a better night’s sleep, so he enlisted the help of Dr. Michael Breus to provide natural cures for every sleep problem!
Dr Oz: Fall Asleep Faster Listening to “Pink Noise”
If you are not able to fall asleep at night, Dr. Michael Breus has the solution to help you relax and get the rest you so desperately need. While most of us have heard of “White Noise” to get to sleep, a lot of us have probably never heard of “Pink Noise”. Here is why Pink Noise is a great sleep solutions:
- Easier to listen to than white noise
- Helps tune the brain to a more relaxed state
- Sounds like a heavy rain storm
- Works better than prescription medication for some people
- Set timer for 20-30 minutes
Dr Oz: Banana with Peel Sleep Remedy
If you tend to wake up in the middle of the night, Dr. Breus has a rather unusual natural method to help you stay asleep.
Banana with the Peel – Bananas are loaded with magnesium, which has been shown to relax us, but the key is to include the peel. Since the peel is pretty bitter in taste, here is Dr. Breus’s recommendation to make it a little easier to swallow.
- Cut off ends of banana and boil in water for 10 minutes
- Eat 1 hour before bedtime
- Cut into chunks and sprinkle with cinnamon (optional)
Dr Oz: Light Box Therapy Insomnia Solution
Dr. Michael Breus’ last natural cure is for those who wake up way too early in the morning. Oftentimes they suffer from an altered Circadian rhythm, so he suggests light therapy to fix this insomnia problem.
- Buy a light box.
- Expose yourself to bright light after 7 p.m.
- Use an LED lightbulb in your bedroom lamp.