Dr Oz: Insomnia App Review
Have you ever had burning pains in your stomach, but were not sure where they came from? Dr. Oz asked for an Assistant of the Day to help him explain what causes your pain and what you can do to make it go away!
Dr Oz: Signs of Gastritis
From when it happens to how it feels, Dr. Oz says your stomach pain reveals clues to its cause, so it is important to pay attention and listen to your body. There are several causes for Gastritis, including alcohol and coffee, which can literally lead to holes in your stomach that then cause a burning pain and nausea that lasts all day long.
- Dr. Oz says the problem with red wine is that it is the most acidic of all wines, so if you suffer from Gastritis he recommends trying hard liquor instead. For example, a Gin & Tonic with mint and ginger will be gentler on your stomach while preventing Gastritis symptoms.
- Dr. Oz recommends replacing your coffee with Cranberry Green Tea because it will still give you a boost of energy while easing your Gastritis pain.
Dr Oz: Dinner Spinner App Review
A.J. Jacobs is an author and journalist who is the guy to go to if you want to find out if something really works. From diets to gadgets, A.J. has tried everything so you don’t have to! Did you know there is an app for pretty much everything? Dr. Oz asked A.J. Jacobs to try out a bunch of them and share which ones he thought were the best for your everyday needs.
- Dinner Spinner Pro App: This app helps you find a recipe based on what you have in your fridge and the amount of time you can devote to preparing it. The basic app if free to download and there is a second version that costs $2.99.
- Aherk App: This app helps you stick to your fitness goals because if you don’t, there is a consequence. First, you choose an exercise (like 50 jumping jacks) that you promise to do every day. If you do not complete the task the Aherk app will automatically upload an embarrassing photo of you to Facebook, so it is a really good way to hold yourself accountable. Cost is free.
- Bowel Mover App: This app is used for tracking your poop, which of course makes Dr. Oz very pleased. Fortunately there are no photos in the app, which actually disappoints Dr. Oz a little bit. A.J. says it is actually a good way to track how healthy you are and which foods help to keep you regular. There is a free version of the app and one that costs $2.99.
- Insomnia App: Studies have shown that certain yoga poses can improve your sleep and beat insomnia, so A.J. says this could be a helpful if you have trouble sleeping at night. Cost is $4.99.