Dr Sanjay Gupta: Turmeric Improves Memory
Dr. Oz and Dr. Sanjay Gupta are sitting down for the first time as Dr. Gupta is sharing his secrets to live a longer live. They discussed his new book, Monday Mornings, as well as the surgery that changed his life. Now he is giving his best longevity tips that he does every single day! Try his Creamy Turmeric Tea recipe.
Dr Oz: Tie Shoes with Your Eyes Closed
Have you ever wondered what Dr. Sanjay Gupta does every day in order to stay healthy and live longer? He is telling Dr. Oz all of his secrets and some of them might even surprise you. Starting off in the morning, Dr. Gupta says that most of us get ready by doing the same things every morning, but he does them a little different. He tries to do as much of his routine, which includes putting on a tie and tying his shoes, with his eyes closed. He explains that it is a good way to keep your brain young and sharp by forcing you to use parts of the brain that often do not have to work as hard as others.
Dr Sanjay Gupta: Eat 70% of a Meal
At lunchtime Dr. Gupta says he eats in the hospital cafeteria, like many other doctors but he has a rule that he always follows and that is to eat only 70% of what is on his plate and leave the other 30% behind. Not only is this better for you on the inside, but on the outside too because it will keep you thin. Dr. Gupta says that pushing your plate away before you are full will save you up to 50 pounds of weight a year!
Dr Oz: Physical Activity Improves Memory
Dr. Sanjay Gupta says that whether he is on a phone call or in a meeting, he is always moving. He often walks throughout the building where he works with his colleagues as they go over materials or other information pertaining to his work, or what he calls a Moving Meetings. He says that we often do not get enough activity during our work day, so incorporating it in whenever possible will help keep you young. He says that physical activity improves your memory, even more than playing word games or doing crossword puzzles.
Dr Sanjay Gupta’s Creamy Turmeric Tea Recipe
While many of us enjoy a cocktail or a glass of wine to wind down in the evening, Dr. Sanjay Gupta has his own special drink that helps him relax after a hectic day and it takes just 2 minutes to prepare. Dr. Gupta says that his Creamy Turmeric Tea is a wonderful way to wind down and stay healthy. Turmeric has been used for many years in parts of Asia and they credit this powerful spice with their low rate of Dementia.
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
Warm the Almond Milk and add the rest of the ingredients for a comforting drink that will keep your brain sharp and help you live longer!