Talk Show Hits: July 2-6 2012
With Independence Day in the middle of the week, were you one of the lucky people who enjoyed a long holiday weekend? This week’s talk shows were all about the summer blockbusters, so if you haven’t had a chance to see these hit movies yet, you can find out what’s hot at the box office, including The Amazing Spider-Man and Savages. Also, check out the Today Show’s series of Made In America products.
Summer Movies: The Amazing Spider-Man
It’s a hot reboot of the popular comic book and movie franchise. This week, the cast of The Amazing Spider-Man was popping up everywhere. Emma Stone told Ellen DeGeneres about kissing Andrew Garfield. Is he a better kisser than Ryan Gosling? And did you know that she is a natural blonde? The movie’s star, Andrew Garfield, talked to Ellen about being a bad driver and what’s under that Spidey suit.
- Ellen: Emma Stone Real Hair Color & Hero Co-Star Ryan Gosling
- Emma Stone Better Kisser: Ryan Gosling Vs Andrew Garfield
- Ellen: Andrew Garfield Is a Bad Driver & Wanted To Be A Gymnast
- Ellen: What’s Under Andrew Garfield’s Spider-Man Suit
Sally Field reflected on playing Aunt May in the newest version of the Spider-Man saga. She also looked back on her prolific life and career during a visit to Live With Kelly. Later in the week, Welsh actor Rhys Ifans talked about getting crotch injuries while playing the bad guy.
- Live With Kelly: Sally Field “The Amazing Spiderman” Interview
- Live With Kelly: Rhys Ifans “The Amazing Spiderman” Interview
Summer Movies: John Travolta & Salma Hayek in Savages
Two familiar stars are popping up in another anticipated summer movie, the action thriller Savages. John Travolta chatted on Live With Kelly about his young son and his weight loss secret. Salma Hayek did a salsa dance during her Live With Kelly visit and talked about working with director Oliver Stone. Their young co-star, Blake Lively, talked about returning for the final season of Gossip Girl.
- Live With Kelly: John Travolta “Savages” Interview
- Live With Kelly: Salma Hayek “Savages” Interview
- Live With Kelly: Blake Lively “Savages” Interview
Today Show: Made In America Products
In the patriotic 4th of July spirit, Kathie Lee & Hoda featured a variety of products this week that are Made In America. Check out the finds they discovered, starting with a mom buying American products for a week, USA fashions, makeup and beauty products and American-made houseware products. Plus, check out the best American-made toys for kids.
- American Toys: Crayola, Vermont Teddy Bear & Bubble Wand Kits Review
- American Cosmetics: Beauty Blender, Malin+Goetz & Caswell Massey Reviews
- American Fashions: Amy Matto Dress, Siwy Jeans & Sbicca Footwear Reviews
- American Housewares: Method Home, Art Goodies & Liberty Table Top Reviews
- Made In America: Mom Buys American Made Products For One Week
Talk Show Recaps: July 2-6 2012
Want more from your favorite shows? Check out additional recaps from this week’s popular talk shows.
- Live With Kelly: Kevin Jonas & Rose Byrne
- Ellen: Taylor Swift & Alanis Morissette
- Kathie Lee & Hoda: Tom & Katie Divorce; Summer Crafts
- The Doctors: Reusing To Go Containers & Anti Aging Pill