Live with Kelly & Michael: Thanksgiving Stuffing
Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan have been sharing their family recipes all week on their morning show, Live with Kelly and Michael. Kelly’s mother-in-law, Camilla Conseulos, visited the show to share her Sausage Apple Stuffing Recipe. Learn how to make it below.
Kelly & Michael: Camilla Conseulos
Kelly Ripa’s mother-in-law, Camilla Conseulos, immigrated to the United States in 1975. Before moving from Italy, she had never celebrated Thanksgiving before. But now she loves the holiday because it brings her family together.
Camilla and Kelly seem to have a much warmer relationship than some mothers-in-law and their daughters by marriage, at least until you get them cooking together. For her stuffing recipe, Camilla prefers apples because she can’t always find chestnuts that she likes.
Conseulos Family Sausage Apple Stuffing Recipe
- 1 14 oz. package cubed Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 cup Parsley, chopped
- 2 cups Onions, chopped
- 1 pound Sage pork sausage
- 1 1/2 cups Apples, peeled/cored/chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup Pecans, chopped
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pint Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Red Wine
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- Salt & Pepper
- Use a large bowl to soak stuffing in chicken stock.
- Using a pan, brown the sausage and crumble. Set aside to let drain.
- Add celery, garlic, apples, and onions to pan, with butter. Cook until softened.
- Mix cooked vegetables with stuffing.
- In a bowl, combine eggs with wine, sour cream, pecans, thyme, and parsley.
- Fold egg mix into stuffing bowl until evenly mixed. Add salt and pepper.
- Bake inside the Thanksgiving turkey, or separately in a baking dish at 350 degrees for at least one hour.
Mrs. Conseulos said this is enough stuffing for a 20-lb. turkey, but if you want extra (and who doesn’t love extra stuffing?), you can always double the recipe.
Oprah’s Favorite Things 2012
Don’t miss a look at Oprah’s Favorite Things 2012 when they are revealed on Sunday, November 18 2012. We’ll have your complete gift guide this weekend.
Talk Show Recaps: November 16 2012
- Good Morning America: November 16 2012
- Dr Oz: November 16 2012
- Live with Kelly & Michael: November 16 2012
- The Doctors: November 16 2012
- The Chew: November 16 2012