Live with Kelly & Michael: Thanksgiving Recipe Week
All this week, the co-hosts at Live with Kelly and Michael are sharing some of their best holiday meal ideas, including a few submissions from loved ones. So far, Kelly Ripa has shared her Autumn Squash Soup recipe, and Michael Strahan’s fiance Nicole shared Pumpkin Pudding Crunch. Next up was the new co-host himself, Michael Strahan, who showed us how to make a Thanksgiving classic: his Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe.
Michael Strahan: Thanksgiving Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 8 Sweet Potatoes
- 4 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Mini Marshmallows
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Pecans (optional)
- If using pecans, roast at 350 degrees for about four minutes until toasted. Reserve.
- Cook sweet potatoes by baking or boiling. Peel while hot and mash immediately.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except cinnamon and marshmallows, with potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- In a prepared baking dish, alternate layers of sweet potatoes and marshmallows.
- Add cinnamon as desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees until reheated.
- Add one final layer of marshmallows and return to oven until browned.
- Top with maple syrup and pecans, if desired.
If you like it creamier, mix a cup of warmed chicken stock or milk into the potatoes before baking.
Live with Kelly & Michael: Sexiest Man Alive?
Michael Strahan can be found in the pages of People’s sexiest man alive issue, on sale now. This year’s cover model is Channing Tatum, but Michael got his own Magic Mike-themed spread in the annual issue. He’s sexy and he can cook? Good think his fiance Nicole has already snapped this guy up.