Dr Oz: Money-Saving Beauty Tips
Do you spend a lot of money for the sake of beauty? Dr. Oz says the average woman spends around $300 a year on hair coloring alone, so he asked some experts to join him and share tips to help you look gorgeous without spending a fortune.
Dr Oz: How to Dye Your Hair at Home
Dr. Oz says the chemicals used when dying your hair can cause a great deal of damage, not only to your hair, but also to your scalp leaving it feeling dry and itchy. Jenell Stewart says the cheapest way to dye your hair is to do it yourself at home and the safest way is by using an ammonia-free hair dye, which can easily be found at your local drugstore for just $10. The question is, do they work as well as the expensive professional products used by your hairdresser? Dr. Oz asked two sisters to try both methods to see if the experts could tell the difference and surprisingly they could not, so I guess you can get the same look right at home!
Dr Oz: Makeup Brushes vs Makeup Sponges
Makeup artist Cynde Watson says she loves using makeup brushes like many other women, but there is a way to apply your makeup without using them ever again! Cynde says makeup brushes are very expensive and should always be kept very clean, which is a challenge for a many women, so she offered an alternative.
Just like with the hair products, it was hard to tell the difference in each of the sister’s faces as to who had her makeup done professionally with brushes and which one had hers applied using sponges and applicators.
Dr Oz: How Much Eye Cream Do You Need to Apply?
Andrea Pomerantz Lustic, author of How to Look Expensive, says the biggest mistakes women make are spending too much money on beauty products and using too much of a product on their face. In this case, she says less is definitely more. She explained how much is best to use for some of the most popular beauty products.
- Cleanser – Size of a pea
- Foundation – 5 small dots
- Shampoo – Size of a quarter
- Mousse – Size of a golf ball
- Eye Cream – Size of a grain of rice
Dr Oz: Argan Oil Review
Argan is an exotic oil that has been used for centuries in the eastern part of the world as a powerful beauty treatment, but it is now making its way to the west and can be found on more store shelves than ever before! Here are a few ways you can benefit from Argan oil.
- Argan oil for smooth skin – Add a few drops of pure argan oil to your favorite lotion and apply it every day for softer skin.
- Argan oil to moisturize your hair – Just use your fingers to run a little argan oil through your hair to moisturize and bring out your natural curl.
- Argan oil for nails – A couple times a week massage a small amount of argan oil into your nails and cuticles for better looking nails.
Dr Oz: How to Buy Argan Oil
- Look for 100% Argan Oil on the label
- Cost is about $20 per bottle
A bottle of Argan oil should last you about a year, so remember to use just a little bit because it goes a long way!
Dr Oz: In Case You Missed It
- Dr. Oz’s favorite flu-fighting food is Chicken Soup.
- The Septum is located in your nose.
- Argan Oil is good for your hair, nails and skin.