Dr Oz: Cancer Pee Test
Dr. Oz says that early cancer detection could be a simple bathroom break away, so he has a pee test for you try. He asked for an Assistant of the Day to help him explain the test and what you need to look for the next time you use the bathroom.
Dr Oz: Pink Urine Sign of Bladder Cancer
Do you look at your pee when you go to the bathroom? If not, Dr. Oz says you need to start looking because it could hold clues to certain health problems, including cancer.
- Cloudy colored urine could be a sign of an infection, but usually not anything too serious.
- Bright Yellow pee just means you need to hydrate, so pour yourself a glass of water.
- Pinkish colored urine concerns Dr. Oz because it could mean that blood cells are slipping into your bladder, which is a sign of Bladder Cancer. Dr. Oz says that the good news is that if you find it in time, Bladder Cancer is super easy to treat which is why it is so important that you actually look at your pee when you use the restroom.
Dr Oz: Why is My Pee Dribbling?
The next pee test for cancer is to analyze the way it flows. Dr. Oz says that depending on how your pee flows out of your body, it could be a sign of three different health problems.
- Continuous flow
Dr. Oz says he is concerned if a woman goes from a normal pee flow down to one that is just dribbling when she uses the bathroom. If this happens to you, it could be a sign that cancer is literally blocking off the flow of your urine and you should talk to your doctor.
Dr Oz: Is it Normal to Have Pain When Urinating?
Dr. Oz says the next way to detect cancer when you urinate is by analyzing any pain you might be having when you pee.
- Pain deep inside your belly that comes and goes when you pee is a classic sign of kidney stones.
- Cramping in your bladder is typically from menstrual pain.
- Burning when you urinate could be a sign of a urinary tract infection, but it could also be a red flag that you have Vulvar Cancer. Dr. Oz says to take a mirror and look at yourself in the area for any new cuts or sores because this is another cancer that is easy to treat if it is found early.