Dr Oz: Longevity Checklist – Live to Be 100
Have you ever thought about what it would be like to live to be 100 years old? If so, then today’s Dr. Oz Show is the one for you because he has the answers you have been waiting for that include a longevity checklist to help you not only live to 100, but feel younger while doing it!
Dr Oz: Nap 10 Minutes A Day to Reduce Stress
Dr. Oz says living to 100 is not about just getting there, it’s also about feeling good while doing it, so he has 10 little changes you can make in your everyday life that will add years to your quality of living.
- Add one purple food to every meal to increase your brain’s longevity. Healthy options include grapes, beets, pomegranate, blackberries, blueberries, eggplant, and even red wine.
- Balance on one leg every morning to keep your thigh muscles strong because weak thigh muscles are an indicator of frailty as we age. Balance on one leg for 10 seconds and switch to the other leg. Repeat 3 times every morning.
- Nap for 10 minutes every day to reduce stress and keep your heart healthy. Dr. Oz says he naps every day and the ideal time should be about 7 hours after you wake up in the morning.
Dr Oz: Walnuts Heart Health Benefits
Dan Beauttner searches the world for ways to increase longevity and one of the places he learned the most was Okinawa, Japan. Their secret to living longer lives lies in the way they eat every single day and if you follow their lead you could add years to your life, too!
- Stop eating when you’re 80% full, which research has found could actually slow down the aging process. As an added benefit you might even lose a few pounds, which is good for your health and longevity, too.
- Eat 7 walnuts, which are rich in Omega-3s, every day to keep your heart healthy and add years to your life.
Dr Oz: Sleep More to Reduce Stroke Risk
The next items on Dr. Oz’s longevity checklist might be a little more difficult to incorporate into your life, but they are definitely worth it, especially if you want to live longer and healthier.
- Go to bed one hour earlier every night to lower your risk for high blood pressure by 37% and to reduce your chance of having a heart attack or stroke by 16 times.
- Laugh at least 20 times a day, which boosts your immunity and even burns calories!
- Make love regularly to look and feel young while adding years to your life.
Dr Oz: Vitamin D Supplement Recommendation
Dr. Oz has two final items on his longevity checklist to help you live to be 100 and feel great while doing it and if you like coffee then you’re going to love his tips.
- Get together with friends once a week because being social with others keeps you healthy and slows down the aging process.
- Take a Vitamin D supplement (1,00o IUs) every day to reduce your risk for cancer and diabetes.