Dr. Oz: Healthy Food
Dr. Oz talked to chef Curtis Stone about ways to make meals healthier. Siri from the audience said she gets very overwhelmed when she has to cook something, especially cooking after work and then cleaning after that.
He showed Siri how to not worry with a great Baja Salad recipe, which he said was really easy to make. Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below! For another idea, try Curtis’s Roasted Salmon and Beets.
Dr. Oz: Curtis Stone Baja Salad Recipe Ingredients
- 3 Cups Torn Romaine Lettuce (From 1 Head)
- 1 1/2 Cups Shaved Green Cabbage
- 4 Radishes (Cut into Matchsticks)
- 1 Carrot (Cut into Matchsticks)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- Pickled Red Onions
- 3 Tablespoon Toasted Shelled Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 Cups Avocados (Cut into Large Chunks)
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Cotija or Feta Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups Tortilla Chips
Cilantro Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup Packed Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Liquid from the Pickled Red Onions
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
Curtis Stone: Dr. Oz Baja Salad Recipe Directions
- Stir together the dressing ingredients.
- Toss the cabbage, radishes, carrot, tomatoes, and romaine in the cilantro dressing.
- Top with pickled onions, Cotja, pumpkin seeds, tortilla chips, and avocados.