Dr. Oz: How to Diet Without Feeling Deprived
Dr. Oz talked to Lisa Lillien, author of The Hungry Girl Diet Cookbook, about how to diet without feeling hungry all the time. Her first tip addressed feeling deprived on a diet.
She said if people on diets feel deprived, they’re going to give up. So Lisa’s solution is for women to eat the foods they crave and that they want to eat in a way that still lets them lose weight.
Dr. Oz: How to Make Fun Diet Recipes
As an example, she showed a cheeseburger tostada. It’s loose hamburger with cheese and veggies on a light corn tortilla. This will make you feel like you’re eating a giant cheeseburger, when in fact you’re not.
She also showed off a 94 calorie brownie that was made with canned pureed pumpkin instead of the eggs, oil, and butter. The audience tried this and they loved it.
Dr. Oz: Healthy Chicken Recipes
Dr. Oz talked to Esther, who likes to eat roasted chicken or grilled chicken and salads when she’s on the diet. She gets bored with that really easily.
Lisa Lillien explained that you can add chicken to mac and cheese. Make it with whole wheat pasta and cauliflower and enjoy. You can also make a baked potato stuffed with chicken marinara or make barbecue chicken and serve it on a big salad with corn.
Dr. Oz: Lisa Lillien Stuffed and Smothered Berry French Toast Recipe Ingredients
On the show, Lisa made her Stuffed and Smothered Berry French Toast recipe. My attempt to reproduce it is below.
- 1/4 Cup Egg Whites
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup Light or Low Fat Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Packet Stevia
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Unsweetened Blueberries (Thawed; Drained)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 2 Teaspoon Light Buttery Spread
- 2 Slices Light Bread
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Strawberries
Lisa Lillien: Dr. Oz Stuffed and Smothered Berry French Toast Recipe Directions
- Whisk together the egg whites, 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Dip the bread in the egg whites.
- Preheat a griddle and add the light buttery spread.
- Once the spread has melted, toast the bread on the griddle for a few minutes on both sides until golden.
- Mix the ricotta, the rest of the vanilla and cinnamon, and half the stevia together.
- Smear one slice with ricotta and top it with the other slice. Add strawberries on top.
- Stir together the blueberries, water, and cornstarch. Microwave for 1 minute to warm, then stir in the rest of the stevia.
- Pour blueberry mixture on top of the strawberries.
- Serve and enjoy!