Dr Oz: The May Diet
Would you like to kick off summer 10 pounds lighter? Dr. Oz has the winning formula to help you slim down by Memorial Day with The May Diet that builds off the 2-Week Rapid Weight Loss Diet he introduced at the beginning of the year. Get ready to jump start your warm weather weight loss goals beginning right now!
Dr Oz: Tips to Lose 10 Pounds in One Month
Not only will The May Diet speed up your digestion, but it will also flush excess water, shed unwanted fat and trim inches off your waist in just one month! Dr. Oz says the number one rule of The May Diet is to serve yourself an 80/20 plate at every single meal, which consists of 80% low-glycemic veggies and 20% fat and protein. They will work together to keep you full all the time while preventing hunger in between meals.
Eliminate Excess Water Weight: Dr. Oz says we are all carrying around excess water weight due to eating too many carbs, which is why the 80/20 plate is so important because it will help to flush out the extra water and reboot your body.
80/20 Plate Meal Ideas:
- Scrambled eggs with a plate of veggies, like asparagus and tomatoes.
- Grilled chicken with roasted peppers and broccoli topped with a slice of avocado.
- Lean steak with a large salad.
- Shrimp with stir fry veggies.
Dr. Oz says if you follow the 80/20 rule you will naturally begin to eliminate excess water weight and be on your way to a slimmer, trimmer waistline.
Dr Oz: Eat Soup for Dinner to Increase Weight Loss
Dr. Oz says the secret weapon to losing 10 pounds in one month is a liquid dinner because it is easier to break down and digest, priming you for better weight loss when you wake up the next morning. The best way to enjoy a liquid dinner is by creating a hearty soup that is loaded with veggies and a small amount of protein and fat.
- Chicken soup with chopped cabbage.
- Lentil soup with ground turkey.
- If you are in a time crunch Dr. Oz says a can of low-sodium vegetable soup is just as good as making your own. Just add a few of ounces of shredded rotisserie chicken to make it a more complete meal.
Dr Oz: Swimsuit Water Recipe
The next step in Dr. Oz’s May Diet is to speed up your weight loss and the best way to accomplish this is by drinking a glass of “swimsuit water” before and after every meal to aid digestion.
- 1 liter of water
- 1 cup of strawberries
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Juice of 1 lime
Blend everything together and enjoy all day long!
Dr Oz: Vitamin B Complex Boosts Metabolism
The last step to make The May Diet successful and lose 10 pounds before Memorial Day is to have three high-fiber and high-protein snacks every day.
- Sliced cucumbers with hummus.
- Cucumber slices wrapped in sliced turkey.
- Almonds and raspberries.
- Apple slices with peanut butter or almond butter.
Dr. Oz also recommends taking a B Complex Vitamin every day to boost your metabolism, but just make sure it contains 100% of the daily recommended value.