Dr Oz: Dancing Improves Mood
Dr. Oz and Dr. Natasha Turner discussed the different hormone types with a quiz to help you determine your hormone type so you can take control of your body. Which hormone type are you?
Dr Oz: Holy Basil Improves Blood Sugar
Now that you know your hormone type you can work to restore the various hormones that are important to your body’s everyday functioning. Dr. Natasha Turner explained that if you are a hungry hormone type, you need to restore hormones like insulin and cortisol, but the problem is that when we are low in these hormones we tend to do everything wrong. She said people often over exercise and skip meals, which just makes the problem even worse. Here is one way you can balance your insulin and cortisol levels:
- Holy Basil – Dr. Turner explained that holy basil is common in Asian cooking, but she often recommends it in tea or supplement form. It will help to improve your blood sugar and get your appetite under control.
Dr Oz: Rhodiola Restores Happy Hormones
If you are a moody hormone type, you tend to be moody and irritable, which causes tension and headaches and leads to weight gain over your entire body. Dr. Natasha Turner said if you are a moody hormone type you want to focus on restoring the “happy” hormones, serotonin and dopamine. Here is Dr. Turner’s recommendation to help boost your dopamine and serotonin hormones and it is also one that she takes every day, too!
- Rhodiola Supplement – Rhodiola can improve focus, attention and motivation while boosting your dopamine and serotonin and lowering your stress hormones.
- Take 200 MG every morning for six weeks
Dr Oz: Reduce Stress – Make Love More Often
If you are a sluggish hormone type you lack motivation, you are forgetful, you have premature wrinkling and a lot of your fat is in your belly, your arms or above your knees. Dr. Turner said the best ways to improve your hormones in this area are with sleep and love making, the things you do at night. She explained that sleep is essential for restoring growth hormone and melatonin and if you do not sleep enough you will never have the right amount of these hormones. Dr. Turner added that DHEA hormone levels are raised when you make love, which Dr. Oz said is another good reason to make love more often. Dr. Turner said you can also boost your DHEA with a supplement.
- 7-Keto DHEA Supplement – Boost DHEA while reducing stress and inflammation and slowing down the aging process.
- Take 50-100 MG in the morning
Dr Oz: Olives Help Burn Fat
Dr. Natasha Turner said that you can reset your hormones in a few easy steps. The first is to use the perfect food ratio. This is achieved by eating a lean protein, a healthy fat and low-glycemic carbs at every meal. Here are some examples:
- Olives – Cause body to release the same hormone as when you exercise, so olives are a healthy fat that help you burn fat!
- Whole grain pasta, like kamut
Dr Oz: Hormone-Friendly Food Schedule
The next step to reset your hormones is to follow a hormone-friendly food schedule. Dr. Turner explained that the time of day that you eat is important because eating at the wrong time can actually slow your metabolism. She recommended the following eating schedule:
- Eat within one hour of waking up
- Eat every 3-4 hours
- Do not eat within three hours of bedtime. Eating too close to bedtime will affect your sleep and lower certain hormones.
Dr Oz: Pesticides & Chemicals In Food Disrupt Hormones
The final step to resetting your hormones is to choose “smart source” foods. Dr. Natasha Turner explained that smart source foods are those that do not include chemicals, pesticides or added hormones that will disrupt your own hormones. She said a good rule of thumb is to think local, wild and organic when making your food purchases.
- Foods to always eat organic (if possible) – Strawberries, apples, spinach, peppers and tomatoes
- Local and grass-fed meats, eggs and milk
Dr Oz: Harlem Skake
Did you know that dancing improves your mood, boosts your brain power and helps you get more coordinated? Dr. Oz loves that dancing is good for your health so he took to his stage, with several volunteers, to take on the biggest craze sweeping America, the Harlem Shake. I love it when Dr. Oz lets loose and has fun on his stage, do you agree?