Dr. Oz: 10 Day Detox Cookbook Review
Dr. Oz talked to Dr. Mark Hyman, who helped the Stallman Family lose an incredible 335 pounds in just six months. Today he came by to talk about his new 10 Day Detox Cookbook, which has helped many people lose weight, including Katherine, who lost an incredible 54 pounds on the plan. Katherine said this plan helped her overcome her cravings, so she doesn’t even have them anymore. She’s able to eat what she wants to eat.
She helped Dr. Mark Hyman make his Pomegranate Chicken recipe on the show, a delicious recipe that incorporates many great superfoods, such as sumac, known for treating Type 2 diabetes.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below!
Dr. Oz: Dr. Mark Hyman Pomegranate Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 7 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 Pound Chicken Cutlets (Thinly Cut)
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Sumac (Or Grated Zest of Another Lemon)
- 2 Teaspoons Ras el Hanout
- 1 Bunch of Chicory (Or 1 Head Escarole; Chopped)
- 1 Head Radicchio (Cut in Quarters; Cored and Thinly Sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- Chopped Fresh Parsley, Cilantro, and/or Mint (For Garnish)
- 1 Garlic Clove (Chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Toasted Walnuts
- Grated Zest of 1 Lemon
Dr. Mark Hyman: Dr. Oz Pomegranate Chicken Recipe Directions
- Add the tahini, 1/2 cup water, garlic, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sumac, ras el hanout, six teaspoons salt, and lemon zest. Rub this spice rub onto the chicken. On the show, Dr. Oz teased Dr. Hyman about touching the chicken with his bare hands and then touching everything else in the kitchen. Always be wary of salmonella. Make sure to wash your hands frequently when working with raw chicken so you don’t expose yourself to dangerous bacteria.
- Preheat a grill pan to medium high and add the chicken. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side until cooked through and golden brown. Try not to flip it more than once so you get a nice, even color on both sides.
- Meanwhile, toss together the pomegranate seeds, radicchio, and chicory with the tahini dressing.
- Serve the chicken alongside the greens and top with your favorite herbs.