Dr Oz Health Food Store Ultimate Shopping List
Today is the day you get to take Dr. Oz shopping with you. Well, maybe not literally, but he is sharing his Ultimate Shopping List that includes what to buy no matter where you shop. From the grocery store to the health food store and even your favorite department store, he is going to provide you will the only list you will ever need for every shopping trip.
Dr Oz: Lesser Evil’s Chia Crisps Review
Even though health food stores are pretty much filled with healthy foods, there are some foods that you should always have on your list to fill your shopping cart.
Lesser Evil’s Chia Crisps – Lesser Evil’s Chia Crisps are a wonderful alternative to ordinary potato chips, according to Phillip Blanc, a doctor at Mount Sinai Medical Center. He says they are a great option because they are high in fiber to leave you feeling full over time and they have no trans fats, plus there are 4 different types to choose from so you find your favorite. Dr. Oz points out that chia seeds are very healthy for you, but that many people don’t like the texture when eating them raw, so these crisps are a great option to add chia seeds to your diet.
Super Chip that may help with weight Loss
- Snack on Chia crisps before lunch and before dinner (1 serving is a generous 22 chips with only 110 calories!)
- Cost about $3.50 per bag.
Dr Oz: Cacao Nibs Vs Chocolate
Cacao Nibs – Cacao Nibs are basically the raw material of chocolate. They are crunchy cocoa beans that are packed with nutrients according to Lisa Lee Freeman, Editor of Shopsmart Magazine.
- Dr. Oz says studies have shown that eating Cacao Nibs can lower your blood pressure in just two weeks.
- Eat about 1/3 of a cup throughout the day, eating as a snack or to spice up a meal.
- Cacao Nibs are not sweet, but a little bitter and crunchy.
- Costs about $10 per bag, but lasts a long time
- Cacao Nibs are best if eaten mixed in with something else, like in a healthy trail mix.
Dr Oz: Earth Balance Cinnamon Spread Review
Earth Balance Cinnamon Spread – Earth Balance Cinnamon Spread is actually a butter alternative with about half the saturated fat of butter according to Samantha Heller, Clinical Nutrition Coordinator at CT Griffin Hospital. She says it reminds her of that cinnamon/sugar spread our Moms used to put on toast for us when we were kids. I definitely remember my Mom doing that for me, do you?
- The Earth Balance spreads come in several flavors if you don’t want something sweet. Samantha says they have a coconut flavor as well as garlic flavored spread.
- Unlike with margarine or other fat alternatives, you can actually cook and bake with the Earth Balance spreads, making it much more versatile.
Dr Oz: Bee Pollen Review
Bee Pollen – Bee Pollen is Dr. Oz’s personal favorite purchase at the Health Food store. He says it is a very simple product to bring into your home. It is basically the food of young bees. There are traps that catch the pollen as it drops from the bees as they are flying back to their hive, then the drops are turned into a wonderful supplement that you can purchase at the health food store.
- Dr. Oz says Bee Pollen is loaded with vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and even protein, which all give you the fuel you need to start your day.
- He says he often adds about ¼ teaspoon of granules to his yogurt because they actually taste really good with just a tiny bit of sweetness and are a great alternative if you don’t have any fruit available.
- Bee Pollen can be consumed throughout the day to fight fatigue.