Dr Oz: 5-Minute Muscle-Building Workout
Would you believe the key to losing fat is gaining weight? Chris Powell says the best way to get rid of fat is by gaining muscle, so he is here to show Dr. Oz just how easy it is and the best part is that you only need five minutes a day!
Dr Oz: Choose to Lose Chris Powell
Chris Powell, author of Choose to Lose, says muscle is the most active tissue in the body, so the more we have the more calories we burn. Chris says resistance-training exercises are best for stimulating your muscles to grow and melt away fat in the process.
- Chair Squats: Stand in front of a chair with your arms out in front of you. Bend and touch your butt to the edge of the chair and use your heels to drive yourself back into a standing position. These are best for building your glutes, quads and hamstrings. Do 10 reps.
- Jumping Jacks: Jumping jacks are a simple exercise to help build strength in your glutes, calves, abs and shoulders. Do 10 reps.
- The Chair Crunch: Sit in a chair and grab the sides with your hands. Put your legs out in front of you and pull them into your chest. Do 10 reps.
- The High Knees: Simpy stand in place and alternate raising each knee to your chest. For a bigger challenge you add a little bounce to the movement. Do 10 reps.
Set a timer for five minutes and do as many ciruits as you can and you’ll have bigger, stronger muscles in no time as you blastaway unwanted fat!
Dr Oz: Dark Chocolate Reduces Stress
It is week 2 of Jan-YOU-ary and Dr. Oz has the best foods to lower your stress every day of the week! He says dark chocolate is a great food to lower your stress as long as you do not eat too much.
- Look for a minimum of 70% Cacao, so there is less room for sugar.
- Drink Dark Hot Chocolate
- Eat Dark Chocolate Covered Sunflower Seeds – not only are they crunchy, but they are also low in calories.
Leave a Reply