Dr Oz: Camu Camu Health Benefits
Have you ever heard of Camu Camu? It is a berry hidden deep in the rain forest of the Amazon and Dr. Oz says it could hold the key to the fountain of youth so many of us are hoping to find. It not only contains powerful health benefits, but could also be the secret to reversing the signs of aging!
Dr Oz: Best Source of Vitamin C
Dr. Oz says one of the reasons he loves camu camu so much is because it is one of the most potent sources of Vitamin C, containing 1,000% of your daily recommendation in just one serving, which equates to the amount found in 15 oranges! Not only is camu camu a great source of Vitamin C, but it also provides three other powerful health benefits.
- Reduces signs of aging
- Prevents heart disease
- Fights cancer
Dr. Oz explains the main reason camu camu is able to reduce the signs of aging is because it is water soluble, which makes it easily absorbed by cells in the body to make you look and feel younger from the inside out.
Dr Oz: Camu Camu Supplement Review
Dr. Oz shared some of the best ways to add camu camu to your diet so you can turn back the clock on your health and your skin.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Camu Camu Powder once a week (add to yogurt, oatmeal or smoothies)
- Take a Camu Camu Supplement
- Found at health food stores for around $15
Dr Oz: Camu Camu Soda
- Seltzer water
- 1 teaspoon of camu camu powder
- A splash of lemon juice
Sip and enjoy!
Dr Oz: Eat it to Beat It Review
Author of the book Eat It to Beat It, David Zinczenko, scoured supermarkets for the best and healthiest packaged foods that every dieter should have in their kitchen. He says it is possible to find foods that come in a container and are good for you as long as you follow a few rules.
- Look for real ingredients
- Under 600 MG sodium
- Good fiber to sugar ratio (2:1)
Dr Oz: Healthiest Package Food Meals
David Zinczenko shared the best choices for packaged foods, depending on your particular need/want when shopping for a convenience meal.
- Helen’s Kitchen Fiesta Black Bean Bowl is the best frozen meal to fill you up.
- The best healthy soup option is Amy’s Organic Light Sodium Lentil Vegetable.
- David says energy drinks often contain high amounts of sugar, so the best option he found was GT’s Synergy Gingerberry Kombucha Tea, which has just 8 grams compared to 64 grams in the typical energy drink.
- The best dessert option that will not wreck your diet is the Vitalicious VitaBrownie, which contains just 100 calories and 10 grams of fiber per serving.
Dr Oz: Eat Pickled Peppers to Boost Metabolism
Dr. Oz has a new metabolism booster that will keep your body’s fat-burning furnace working all day long! Pickled peppers contain capsaicin and vinegar to boost your metabolism, so eat them at least twice a day to speed up weight loss.