Dr. Oz: Curtis Stone Roasted Salmon Recipe
Chef Curtis Stone came by Dr. Oz to share a great Roasted Salmon and Beets with Herb Vinaigrette recipe that has been especially designed to be made quickly for weeknight dinner while still being delicious.
Check out my attempt to reproduce this recipe below!
Dr. Oz: Curtis Stone Roasted Salmon and Beets with Herb Vinaigrette Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Pound Beets (Scrubbed; Sliced Very Thin)
- 6 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Pounds Skinless Salmon Fillet
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Chives (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Flat Leaf Parsley (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Tarragon (Finely Chopped)
- 3 Tablespoon Shallots (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Lemon Zest
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 Cups Mixed Baby Greens
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
Curtis Stone: Dr. Oz Roasted Salmon and Beets with Herb Vinaigrette Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add aluminum foil to a baking sheet. This is your work space for most of the meal, which is helpful because it cuts down on dishes. Add the beets to the foil and drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the beets out and roast for about 20 minutes until tender. They should be about two thirds of the way cooked or somewhere thereabouts.
- Push the beets together to form a bed for the salmon, then add the salmon on top of the beets. Brush salmon with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir together the chives, tarragon, and parsley in a small bowl and rub onto the salmon. This will form a delicious crust on the salmon. Reserve about 1 tablespoon of the herb mixture for the dressing for the greens.
- Roast the salmon and beets for 12 to 15 minutes until the salmon is slightly rosy in the center, a medium rare doneness.
- Whisk together the rest of the oil, lemon zest and juice, herb mixture, and shallots and toss the greens with this mixture to taste. The addition of the herb mixture to this dressing really ties together all the great flavors.
- Serve the salmon alongside the greens. If you reserved any of the dressing, add to the top of the salmon.