Dr. Oz: Replace Bread with Eggs
Dr. Oz has been talking about 99 new uses for some great products, including wine and salt. Next, he welcomed celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito to show 99 new ways to cook an egg. The first one was to replace bread with eggs by making a high-protein bread. Rocco said he does this for his gluten-free clients. This bread is great when served with turkey burgers or your favorite sandwich toppings. Check out my attempt to reproduce the recipe below!
Dr. Oz: Rocco DiSpirito Gluten Free Egg Bread Recipe Ingredients
- 2 Eggs
- 3 1/2 oz Greek Yogurt
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Rocco DiSpirito: Dr. Oz Gluten Free Egg Bread Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Separate egg whites from the egg yolks and put them in separate bowls.
- Whip the egg whites and the egg yolks separately. Make sure to whip them well.
- Mix the yolks with the Greek yogurt, then gently whip in the egg whites, salt, and baking powder.
- Grease a baking sheet and pour the batter into the tray to form one long sheet. If desired, top with a fun topping for your bread, like sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25 minutes until it’s nice and golden brown.
- Cut into slices and serve with your favorite burger or sandwich ingredients.
Dr. Oz: Rocco DiSpirito Sneak Extra Protein into Meat
Next, you can make what Rocco DiSpirito called a “protein ball.” Form a turkey patty about 4 inches in diameter. Put a hard-boiled egg inside and bake or fry the protein ball. When you finish, you’ll have a fun and delicious turkey ball with egg inside. Turkey is the leanest poultry and has the most protein density per ounce.
Dr. Oz: Rocco DiSpirito Protein Packed Veggie Dip
Next, you can make a protein packed veggie dip by blending together hard boiled eggs, mayo, pepper, paprika, mustard, Greek yogurt, and white vinegar. After blending it all together, you can dip your favorite veggies in the mixture. This recipe can be found in the 99 Ways to Eat Eggs slideshow.
Dr. Oz: Cook Your Butt Off! At Home Review
Rocco DiSpirito has launched a completely organic home meal kit called Cook Your Butt Off! At Home. They’re gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and calorie corrected. He’s also formed a coalition with the top ten food security charities to get meals to people who are food insecure.
For every 100 Cook Your Butt Off! At Home kits bought, Rocco will donate six meals.