Dr Oz: Stress Reducing Recipes
Dr. Oz and his guests shared ways to reduce your stress and lower your anxiety with his 24 hour stress cleanse. They explained breathing exercises and outlined the reasons why you need to take a 24 hour break from social media.
Dr Oz: Balance Blood Sugar With Oatmeal & Cinnamon
The number one thing you want to avoid if you are stressed is a blood sugar spike, and ultimate crash, that often occurs during your busy day. Dietitian Mitzi Dulan said the best way to avoid that spike in your glucose level is by eating the right foods that help to balance your glucose, which is a combination of protein, fiber and healthy fat.
Dr Oz: Stress-Free Glucose-Balancing Breakfast
- ¾ cup raw oatmeal
- ½ cup hemp milk
- 1 teaspoon sliced almonds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Combine the oatmeal and hemp milk and cook in the microwave for about 1 minute and 45 seconds. Add more milk to get your desired consistency. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and cinnamon and enjoy!
Dr Oz: Sweet Potato Veggie Burger Recipe
Here is what you need to make 3-4 patties:
- 1 can cannellini white beans (15 ounces), drained
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup Panko crumbs
- 1/8 cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ tablespoon tahini
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 3-4 whole wheat buns
- Black pepper, to taste
Here is what you need to do:
- Bake the sweet potatoes, then peel and place in a large bowl.
- Add the beans to the sweet potato, then mash it all together.
- Add the flour, tahini, Greek yogurt, honey, lemon pepper seasoning and any additional seasoning. The mixture should be soft and moist and easy to form into patties, but you can add more breadcrumbs and flour if needed.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Make equal-sized patties from the mixture and coat generously in breadcrumbs. Put them into the skillet and cook until browned on both sides.
- Serve the patties on whole wheat buns with two slices of avocado per burger. Enjoy!
Dr Oz: Mediterranean Wild Salmon Recipe
Here is what you need for 1 serving:
- 1 5-6 oz wild salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon pesto
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Rub the salmon with the pesto and top with the tomatoes, feta cheese and olives. Bake for 20 minutes.
Dr Oz: Carrot Quinoa Salad Recipe
Here is what you need:
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup red, white, or black quinoa
- 2 cups fresh organic baby spinach
- 4 baby carrots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Here is what you need to do:
- While bringing the water to a boil, rinse the quinoa.
- When the water begins to boil add the quinoa and cook for about 10 minutes or “al dente.”
- Drain the cooked quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and allow it to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the quinoa, carrots, cilantro, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Toss to combine and serve over baby spinach.